What's new

Japan Relief Done Quick - Charity Event by Speed Demos Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebster

How's my volume?
It's been planned awhile by Andrew aka Romscout and other members of SDA to do a marathon of speedruns on ustream to help raise money through donations to Doctors Without Borders. Their goal is to raise at least $10,000 to help Japan in this dire time.

Here you can find the stream which is currently LIVE(read the information at the top first, which includes a schedule of the games that are to be played over the weekend and the approximate time they will be starting and how long it will approximately take to finish, then scroll down to find the live stream) There are two streams side by side, on the left is the actual run, and the other stream is information on the progress of donations for certain things like challenges, or conditions (like playing through a certain character's story in Sonic '06 or other games).

The actual Chip-in widget is directly below the streams, next to the chat and updates periodically.

You of course do not have to donate to watch the live speedruns, but it would be greatly appreciated.

Update: Nearly $7000 raised so far. Current game: Super Mario Galaxy

Zebster

How's my volume?
Over $15,000 raised so far, one more day to go, and Sunday is always the day for the mass donations. Just last charity stream (they've done 3 counting this one) they raised over $50,000 for a charity organization that researches ways to prevent cancer.

Anyway, Metroid Prime race was just completed, the winner beat the second place racer by only 24 seconds.

Now Metroid Prime 2 will be run (not raced) next, estimated time: 1 hour.

Updated Schedule for the rest of the weekend

Zebster

How's my volume?
The event is over now, $22,713.92 was raised over the course of the event. Anyone who still wants to donate still has until next friday to chip in on the site.

Thanks to those who took the time to check it out.

Finally, it'd probably be best for a mod to lock the thread, thanks.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Awesome. Thank you SO much for doing this. Sadly i wish this would have been better received on here, but kudos to you and those who helped regardless.

Per request, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.