What's new

Jade - Re-exploring matchups. (A TaC level up and Kommunity Project).

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Hello TYM/MKU

I am looking for players to help level my matchup experience up. Lately STB has gotten a variety of players playing numerous characters which has shown me that I need to go back to the drawing board on my matchups, and I need to get creative again.

In order to do so, I need volunteers. I plan on playing any of one particular character everyday until I go through the whole cast. I will then discuss my findings in this thread as I go. Some of this will be streamed/recorded so I can go back and look at the matchups as a reference.

Starting tonight, I will be looking for Scorpion Players. If you have XBL and would like to help me with this matchup, please post here and I will add you to this thread. You may sign up with your character and gamertag and I will add you according. All start times will be 9pm est. and will run for about an hour or so (maybe longer depending on the ammount of people and fun factor). I will do a FT5 with every person that signs up, and then post my results then move on to the next signup. If there are less than 3 signups, they will switch to ft10's. If you play multiple characters feel free to signup for multiple days.

This is open to pros and casuals alike. I just want more experience, and I want to learn again.

You may sign up like this:

GT: Take2Chance - Jade

And I will schedule you in to the appropriate frame.

Day 1 (January 7th) - Scorpion (tonight)

GT: vagrant42791 - Anytime after 6:30 est. 4

Results: 4-5

Close matches, blew a couple of opportunities because glow did not come out. Noticed that Leg tackle has a little bit of aerial tracking. I should never be jumping against scorpion, and F4 has retarded reach. Once I started playing footsies the matchups got interesting. Trying to use more B1~Staff grab for spacing purposes.

GT: fr stack - ?

Booty Slaya

Results - 2-3 Incomplete.

Lagged out during the 6th match. Would not come back to KoTH room. Was quite laggy. I started the matches trying to stick to the ground as much as possible, unless I was within a safe distance. Started trying to scout hellfires and jump on reaction to get the free in.

Series results - 6-8

Verdict: I still need more experience. 8 games is not enough to completely iron out the matchup. U3 is beautiful for scorpions wakeups, especially in the corner. Scorpion has a hard time getting out of the corner when Jade has him pinned. I will be focusing on getting him there from now on. I still want to explore this matchup further.

Day 2 (January 8th) - Cyrax

ShadowBeatz -

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i could play later tonight as well
gt fr stack
average scorpion :)
im just not sure about connection , canadas very far away !

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I can try to help with unorthodox Cyrax match-ups :D I'm good anytime after, well, 2 pm est lol

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I would like to play, but we might not have a clean connection between us. I'm at home for Christmas break, and so are my siblings and elder cousin. The connection lags with the majority of people because were all using the internet simultaneously. Some people it connects with fine though.
Worth giving it a shot :).

Vagrant

Noob
Verdict: I still need more experience. 8 games is not enough to completely iron out the matchup. U3 is beautiful for scorpions wakeups, especially in the corner. Scorpion has a hard time getting out of the corner when Jade has him pinned. I will be focusing on getting him there from now on. I still want to explore this matchup further. -
I'll run it more with you if you want in the future. and Yeah I ate a whole lot of u3 lol. The footsie games were alot of fun as the matches went on