What's new

Match-up Discussion Jade 2013 MU Chart

HonkyKong

What's up with Killer Instinct?
I personally believe in 5.5's and 6.5's, but, for simplicity sake I'll round up

Baraka: 5-5
Once Jade knocks him fullscreen she has complete control over him and can effectively keep him out. Her small damage output vs his decent damage is hard.
CSZ: 5-5
Cyrax: 4-6
The only issue I have ever had with this MU is Jade's damage. She can consistently avoid his bomb/net traps with her glow and her glow is very useful against him, but, I can't get more than 25% without having to risk losing completely.
Ermac: 5-5
This MU never seemed very hard for me. His good damage can be a problem, but, his high hit box makes it hard for him to escape my setups and frame traps.
Freddy: 4-6
If the player can consistently avoid his ground spikes then this match can actually be 5-5 in my opinion
Jax: 3-7 (arguably 4-6)
Jax has a much easier time getting in than Johnny and once he's in his pressure hurts her greatly like Johnny. He can ground pound her if she tries zoning.
Johnny Cage: 4-6
Once he is far away this MU feels 5-5. She has several tools to keep him out or knock him fullscreen again. Once he gets in it feels 4-6, you have to be very good at poking out of his pressure and reading your opponent.
Kano: 5-5
Kenshi: 3-7
Need I say anything. She can't get to him without risky all her health even with Ex. Glow. She has to waste meter on Ex. Kicks. She can't zone him either.
Kitana: 4-6
Her air control is a serious problem, but, a rushdown Kitana isn't as bad as a zoning.
Kung Lao: 3-7
A rushdown Kung Lao is a terrible fight for Jade. She can't zone him and she can't keep him out for long.
Liu kang: 4-6
His zoning is a big problem. Her glow means almost nothing when he is fullscreen. When she starts pressuring him and chasing after him armed with her Ex. Glow his huge hit box becomes a big weakness.
Mileena: 5-5 (arguably 4-6)
I enjoy this matchup, but, I can tell Mileena has advantage. Her mix-ups and her combos are definitely better. But, once she gets contained Jade has total control over her and her risky strategy makes the MU seem even.
Nightwolf: 4-6
Noob: 5-5
Quan chi: 5-5
Raiden: 3-7
His teleport and damage are extremely annoying. She can't zone at all in this MU. If she can contain him then she has to worry about her damage output being too low.
Rain: ? (If anyone his info. on this matchup it would really help)
Reptile: 3-7
Once he gets moving and starts his rushdown she can't contain him, she can't keep him out, and she can't zone him.
Scorpion: 5-5 (arguably 4-6)
Sektor: 4-6
Shang Tsung: 6-4
On paper, Jade has every advantage. Of course when he locks her down her big hit box makes it hard to escape. However, if she is fullscreen he has nothing to hurt her. With her Ex. Glow on he has to run for his life.
Sheeva: 6-4
Jade in Ex. Glow runs through Sheeva since almost all of her specials involve throws.
Sindel: 5-5
When Jade is fullscreen this MU is very fun. Sindel rushdown can be a problem.
Skarlet: ?
Smoke: 3-7
She can't zone him at all and is forced to rush him down, but, he can run away the entire time so you can't rush him down.
Sonya: 5-5 (arguably 4-6)
My favorite MU in the game. Once you knock her fullscreen you can keep her out very well, but, once she gets in it sucks.
Stryker: 6-4
Gun Fakeouts make this match a good challenge, but, from fullscreen distance she has nothing to fear and she can reach him at anytime. The only issue would be his Roll Toss.
Sub-zero: 6-4
He absolutely can't try zoning her and she can pass through his ice clones no problem.

Here is mine.
Baraka: 5-5
Cyber Sub Zero: 4-6
Cyrax: 3-7
Ermac: 4-6
Freddy: 3-7
Jax: 4-6
Johnny Cage: 4-6
Kabal: 3-7
Kano: 5-5
Kenshi: 0.5/9.5
Kitana 4-6
Kung Lao: 3-7
Liu Kang: 4-6
Mileena: 3-7
Nightwolf: 5-5
Noob Saibot: 5-5
Quan Chi: 5-5
Raiden: 4-6
Rain: 5-5
Reptile: 3-7
Scorpion: 5-5
Sektor: 4-6
Shang Tsung: 5-5
Sheeva: 5-5
Sindel: 5-5
Skarlet: 3-7
Smoke: 3-7
Sonya: 3-7
Stryker: 5-5
Sub Zero: 5-5

Enenra

Go to hell.
SZ beats Jade get the fuck out of here. Even if I'm feeling so generous Oprah would call me a saint.

You get fucked by d4 and 22, specials are irrelevant. If you get corner trapped gg unless you spend a bar to interrupt a string and get minimal damage before being put back in jail for more buttsecks. And it is very easy to manhandle Jade

SLy

Noob
Jade v Baraka is 6-4 in Baraka's favor..

She cant "Effectively" keep him out. Her zoning game isn't that great. Baraka can play the mid range game better than her. Well spaced blade charges are a problem also. His offense can put her in hot water honestly..

can't see her going even with sonya and mileena.and shang destroys her up close.well just about everyone does.but everything else looks about right though.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Jade v Baraka is 6-4 in Baraka's favor..

She cant "Effectively" keep him out. Her zoning game isn't that great. Baraka can play the mid range game better than her. Well spaced blade charges are a problem also. His offense can put her in hot water honestly..
A Jade actually thinks this? I thought Baraka players were the only ones.

But yeah I think Jade is 6-4. I can explain in more detail if needed.

Zoidberg747

would you please explain because baraka gives me hell.
Her zoning really is not that hard to get by, especially with EX blade charge. She can't whiff anything or it's punished, so she has to be on point trying to space. She can't really punish a max ranged blade charge either. Her combo damage also hurts her, because she can't really punish anything hard enough. EX glow is good for punishing the blade charge though, but I feel that it isn't really worth the meter. Baraka can't rape her in the corner because of EX glow, but she can't keep him in the corner that long either because of EX blade charge. His D4 outranges hers by a lot, and leads to some mixup opportunities.

Basically EX glow can be used to keep him honest, but it can be hard for her to build meter and she will lose meter for breaker.

HonkyKong

What's up with Killer Instinct?
Her zoning really is not that hard to get by, especially with EX blade charge. She can't whiff anything or it's punished, so she has to be on point trying to space. She can't really punish a max ranged blade charge either. Her combo damage also hurts her, because she can't really punish anything hard enough. EX glow is good for punishing the blade charge though, but I feel that it isn't really worth the meter. Baraka can't rape her in the corner because of EX glow, but she can't keep him in the corner that long either because of EX blade charge. His D4 outranges hers by a lot, and leads to some mixup opportunities.

Basically EX glow can be used to keep him honest, but it can be hard for her to build meter and she will lose meter for breaker.
I have the most fun against him when he has either one bar or no bars. Most of the match I'm only using the glow to look for an opening to go after him. But Yeah I agree he is still very frustrating, mostly because of his damage. I keep him at fullscreen the entire fight ,but , it's still hard.

my bad.i read your other comment wrong.i thought that you said it was a 6-4 in jade's favor.and I agree with the way you put the matchup.I feel like those are the issues I face when im up against a good baraka.those blade charges really throw my game off.

SLy

Noob
I have the most fun against him when he has either one bar or no bars. Most of the match I'm only using the glow to look for an opening to go after him. But Yeah I agree he is still very frustrating, mostly because of his damage. I keep him at fullscreen the entire fight ,but , it's still hard.
Its not a win by a landslide.. Still winnable. But Baraka just has more options

Zoidberg747

The only problem zoning him is if you back up too far, you risk him EX blade charging through a boomerang and cornering you.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Rain wasnt included in the original. (nevermind i just missed it cause its in white text and has no number) And Mr. Mileena id like to hear your thoughts on why you think rain jade is even.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Ex Glow!

Lol, if I ever visit Atlanta, we will run it :)

it might be 2-8 since I will be staring at your masculinity/handsomeness
ALL ABOUT THAT GLOW! Yea ive rarely played the MU so i cant really comment too much on it. Guess i should work out to make it look 1-9.

ALL ABOUT THAT GLOW! Yea ive rarely played the MU so i cant really comment too much on it. Guess i should work out to make it look 1-9.
Lordofthefly would be like 0-10 for me.
lol

intelligence > appearance though

but we will see, if not ill get into this MU talk in depth soon

Espio

Kokomo
Only commenting on one match up, but Jade versus Stryker is 5-5, not in her favor in my opinion.

I can go into detail if need be as well.

HonkyKong.