What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Strategy/Matchup Thread *WIP*

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Yea, the way to play against Quan and Predator is with PATIENCE. Once you knock em down, stay on top of em because of their weak wake-ups. Keep the pressure on; bait and punish wake-ups.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Great idea, OP. I hope the practice is just as awesome as the theory behind it. If so, this should be in every character forum.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Having said, I was absolutely decimated by a Blood God and Master of Souls the other day. Blood God's jip range fucks Jacqui up, and the punch angle makes uppercut very inconsistent to the point of not being viable. Meanwhile, MOS appears to have a BnB against Jacqui that is unpunishable; the push back is enough to not worry about Jacqui and he can d4 easily, or whiff punish your attempt to interrupt. I'm truly lost against MOS.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Having said, I was absolutely decimated by a Blood God and Master of Souls the other day. Blood God's jip range fucks Jacqui up, and the punch angle makes uppercut very inconsistent to the point of not being viable. Meanwhile, MOS appears to have a BnB against Jacqui that is unpunishable; the push back is enough to not worry about Jacqui and he can d4 easily, or whiff punish your attempt to interrupt. I'm truly lost against MOS.
What BnB are you talking about? The fireball is punishable if he's ending the string with that.

As for Kotal yeah I mentioned in the War god section but it applies to Blood god too, his ji1 is insane and up-rockets is more or less the only way to stop it.

Great idea, OP. I hope the practice is just as awesome as the theory behind it. If so, this should be in every character forum.
Why not? it works in SF4 coz a lot of people playing the character pitch in, here's the one I did for Juri in SF4, all characters filled in (and that game has a bigger roster): http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/122452/full-time-purple-spider-lesbian-juri-match-up-strategy-thread/p1

It's definitely possible but it'll require effort from all Jacqui mains. Some will be very in-depth and some will be very basic, the idea is to give Jacquis that don't know how to approach the MU a starting point really, be it a strategy, a punish to an often used tool, a range we should stay in/avoid, advice to block a certain mixup/string, a gap that we can exploit etc etc maybe a setup that works only on a certain character, or weird glitch that happens if you do so and so. Anything really, I'm also gonna get whatever was in the thread JustinXavier made and add it to this.

I'm trying to get the ball started really but that's hopefully gonna be the end result. Should've started way earlier but I was really busy and better late than never, right? :p

Last edited:

Robotic

Gentleman.
I don't use Ermac so I don't know the BnB, but it's a 3 hit dial a combo that pushes jacqui back on block, effectively nullyifing her options due to her limited range.