What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs MKXL MU Discussion Thread

What do you guys think about Full Auto fighting against low project characters? EX: Shaolin, Liu Kang, Milenna.... Stops the zoning pretty well but what do you think about her up close game against these characters?

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
I actually suggested this thread, and I'm glad you created it opposed to creating another actual MU chart, thanks. With that said, @Jacqui Community, as long as Krizbe is willing to maintain this thread (specifically the first post) to be a living matchup chart we all feel is right, I believe its actually a utility that could be beneficial to us.

Now in the place of the question at hand...

What do you guys think about Full Auto fighting against low project characters? EX: Shaolin, Liu Kang, Milenna.... Stops the zoning pretty well but what do you think about her up close game against these characters?
On top of those specific characters having a low projectile to easily deal with Full Auto zoning, almost all of them deal with Jacqui up close extremely well too. Getting in on Kung Jin's space control is probably one of the biggest headaches of all time. Mileena's B12 stops Jacqui from doing anything almost more than any other move. Lastly, dealing with Liu Kang's pressure can be pretty awful (although post KP2 patch i armor after anything because no Liu Kang can reliably just frame FBRC to jail, but unfortunately he can accidentally breaks your safe armor, meaning he forces you into taking a risk with unsafe armor), but where Jacqui gets a bit of damage and a neutral reset on an armor read, other characters get full combo punishes.

In all 3 of these matchups I pick shotgun over full auto and try to end the round on 1 hit, normally starting with a well-timed DB2 EX after closing the gap. On top of this, I ALWAYS pick either The Kove or The Pit for these matchups. Both of these have access to multiple projectile immunity interactable jumps between midscreen and the corner on both sides that can be utilized for her, something that is so underrated, and honestly make these matchups manageable. Specifically Mileena and Liu; when you see a low fireball/sai about to hit you, they are normally already trying to throw out another. Time your interactable jump to happen the moment these moves are next to your feet and you'll absorb the projectile, while your opponent is in recovery of the new fireball. After using one you have several options (DU4, DD4 EX, JI2/JIK) that makes the opponent be on their toes and provides you the offense.

So although low projectile characters remove some of the ability for Jacqui to zone, the reasons I think the matchups are so hard are because of their other utilities as well. I'm also not going to lie, against all 3 of those characters I have "Pick Kano" written because its just easier.

Thanks for the suggestion on the thread.

i agree with why you went shotgun. I just tough it out and stay with full auto. getting in on these characters requires some patience with jacqui. what gets people all the time is when i block a projectile from say, 3/4 screen i dash up and shoot the gun. Most people wont continue shooting their projectile when im closing in on them. So what happens is that they'll get hit with my gun and im in just like that. Obviously some people wont do that but thats where her walk speed comes in. dashing in after blocking a projectile is good, when you get close enough and think they are going to try and jump in or do some other shenanigans, i just walk back, hopefully getting a wiff punish.