What's new

Question J3 vs J2

Momentum

Proud owner of the briefcase hitbox
Is there anywhere that that jumping 3 hits that jumping 2 doesnt? Also if anyone has anything that sets up j3 it would be greatly appreciated

Komatose

The Prettiest
I just think that j3 does more damage whilst increasing gravity whilst j2 is a more light hit with less damage and would be easier for you to continue a combo. That goes for a lot of characters. Just now saw this was in the Shazam forum and I do not even know what his j2 or 3 looks like but hopefully this helped at least a little bit.

Momentum

I just think that j3 does more damage whilst increasing gravity whilst j2 is a more light hit with less damage and would be easier for you to continue a combo. That goes for a lot of characters. Just now saw this was in the Shazam forum and I do not even know what his j2 or 3 looks like but hopefully this helped at least a little bit.
I was more looking for the differences in hitboxes but thanks for the reply!

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
No, the J2 is the preferred arial in my experience. The hit box is huge and crosses up ridiculously well (think Benimaru's jHK in KoF), leads to better combos, leads to good block strings, etc. the J3 has its use in the middle of some combos, but if you're talking about jumping attacks the J2 is the way to go. It also anti-airs better and can still hit crouching small opponents (and cross them up). I don't know what more you could ask from an arial, I think it's one of the best in the game.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
J3 is harder to hit with obviously because of the smaller hitbox. I would start combos with is because of the ridiculous cros up potential of the j2 . I mean the j2 has a very long hit box so much so tht I believe the animation will change if you cross a person over and you are so close to him his fist will hit u. Definatly one of the best cross ups in the game. As for set ups into j3 the only one I use is my bread and butter combo its good damage. J2, f22, HM, MB, b3, J3, f223, HM-42% 1bar. The j3 is where the damage comes in.

J3 can actually cross up just as well as J2 an it's just a different angle which can catch opponents off guard if they've been forced to deal with J2 for a few setups.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
Thanks for the responses but i'm really asking are there any setups that j3 work that j2 doesnt?
I was working on something in the lab that I haven't really had time to test for maximum effectiveness, but with a trait activated, j3 is unblockable (obviously), and j3, 112 torpedo does unblockable really, really solid damage (in the 40% range meterless). When I have time to hit the lab, I'll go deeper into this. Obviously since j3 is a punch and j2 is a kick, the trait setups will likely be better.

Momentum

I was working on something in the lab that I haven't really had time to test for maximum effectiveness, but with a trait activated, j3 is unblockable (obviously), and j3, 112 torpedo does unblockable really, really solid damage (in the 40% range meterless). When I have time to hit the lab, I'll go deeper into this. Obviously since j3 is a punch and j2 is a kick, the trait setups will likely be better.
Stop me if i'm wrong but you can block electric fists, cant you?

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
If you have you trait active, j3 is better. All other times, go with j2. After j3, if it hits you can go straight into low grab, which MB can be combo'd off of. From there I usually go into MB high grab, then b3, and sweep into mixup. But that's just me.