What's new

I've gotten into a bad habit with Reptile.

I've long learned the NJP combo and can do it almost 80% or more on expert AI, though the way I trained my self to learn it is pretty awful. IIRC, I do 321[BF2]. I usually input the Dash ASAP after I input the 1 in the 321 string. Though, I've found myself, quite often by muscle memory inputting it even when my opponent is blocking, resulting in MANY blocked dashes. I see my opponent is blocking, and in my mind I should of ended with DB2 but my fingers just tend to do 321 Dash, Lol.

Though it worries me it's going to bite me in the ass when facing players who can react on a blocked dash, and I want to break this habit of just going for the NJP string, and want to execute 321 DB2 more depending on weather its blocked or not blocked. For some reason, I just end up reacting to the NJP string because I'm afraid if I input the dash to late my NJP will miss because I didn't pull the dash off in 'time'. Is there a better way to improve consistent execution of NJP while being able to execute the 321 DB2 string if blocked? I eat way to many blocked dashes but I'm fortunate its only AI.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Just input the elbow dash when you see the 3 hit. Or I mean be prepared to input the 2, 1 but you just need to be ready to react when the 3 hits whether or not you should end with acid hand or elbow dash.

Sorry if I'm not being specific >_>.

redeyes

Button Masher
Just input the elbow dash when you see the 3 hit. Or I mean be prepared to input the 2, 1 but you just need to be ready to react when the 3 hits whether or not you should end with acid hand or elbow dash.

Sorry if I'm not being specific >_>.
sorry for being off topic...

snips if your not busy you should play KOTH with me and trickynick

CitizenSnips

sorry for being off topic...

snips if your not busy you should play KOTH with me and trickynick
Ah man I would but I'm done for tonight I got work in the morning. Just reading TYM and stuff before I go to bed. TrickyNick's Kabal is a filthy bastard I fought him before I went to EVO like 10 times and I think I only won once or twice. Freaking hate fighting Kabal lol.

Also Karried, I think the 3,2,1 string is slow enough so that you can hitconfrim before inputting elbow dash/acid hand.

I am in the same bad habit. Just like the other guy said, You need to hit confim 321. I want to also add that I am trying to split combos between 321 and 1221. Its hard because I have a one track mind during a match.:7up:

CitizenSnips

I am in the same bad habit. Just like the other guy said, You need to hit confim 321. I want to also add that I am trying to split combos between 321 and 1221. Its hard because I have a one track mind during a match.:7up:
I like to throw in 122 string too the only problem is that it can get poked out of. Besides that it sometimes catches people offguard who forget the overhead.

If your having a little trouble, try reacting off the block and do an 321 Enhanced dash(when you come out, your safe, its basically block stringing.) This is nice because when they block all of it, you get 3/4's of a bar back due to you hitting them and them blocking it. after the enhanced dash, you are now safe to restart, or start low poking.

Think of reptiles 321 string as a flowchart

do 32
did it hit? then use 1 elbowdash
did it get blocked? then use your mixups or do whatever it is you do when a safe string gets blocked.