What's new

I've decided to pick CSZ back up, but I really need some help.

Kazoot

Noob
Mainly with general tactics and combos. I've seen one of the most damaging ways to follow up 1, 2, 1+2 is U4, Slide, but how in the hell do you chain into that? Most of the time I'll land the U4 and CSZ will just slide across the ground while my opponent lies there unscathed. I've got down that you have to buffer the dash after 1+2 in order to hit U4 but that slide at the end gets me. Do I need to simply dial it out or mash it as fast as I can once U4 executes?

Something else that gets me with CSZ, and is consequently the reason I dropped him before, is freakin' dash into mid bomb. This was supposedly fixed in a patch a while back but I still launch the bomb whenever I attempt to dash in with a 3 combo starter. This really gets me because 3 is the start to both of his mix ups and is a great move in general. Even when I let my finger off forward, the bomb'll shoot out sometimes and I'm left eating a full combo. Is there anyway at all to prevent this?

Mainly with general tactics and combos. I've seen one of the most damaging ways to follow up 1, 2, 1+2 is U4, Slide, but how in the hell do you chain into that? Most of the time I'll land the U4 and CSZ will just slide across the ground while my opponent lies there unscathed. I've got down that you have to buffer the dash after 1+2 in order to hit U4 but that slide at the end gets me. Do I need to simply dial it out or mash it as fast as I can once U4 executes?

Something else that gets me with CSZ, and is consequently the reason I dropped him before, is freakin' dash into mid bomb. This was supposedly fixed in a patch a while back but I still launch the bomb whenever I attempt to dash in with a 3 combo starter. This really gets me because 3 is the start to both of his mix ups and is a great move in general. Even when I let my finger off forward, the bomb'll shoot out sometimes and I'm left eating a full combo. Is there anyway at all to prevent this?
Ok, so as far as the u+4~Slide goes, you can just dial it in like any two moves that chain together. The key to the slide hitting is the buffered dash that you mentioned. Input the dash command right when the ice sword (the 1+2) hits the opponent. The dash, u+4, and slide should all be inputted in a fluid motion without gaps. As long as you dash correctly, it will hit every time. Takes a bit of practice but it's definitely worth it.

As for the accidental bombs, that is a little bit more tricky. There is a way you can dash into a 3 string, you just have to learn the amount of time needed before the negative edge wears off (it's only a few frames). Failing that, you can use ffb when you dash rather then just ff. This will reset your input queue to neutral and the 3 kick will come out. It's a bit weird dashing like that at first, but if you want to be successful in dashing into a mix-up, you have to learn to do one of the two things I just mentioned. I rarely actually dash into 3 strings because I prefer 21 pressure, and I do fine, so you can definitely still win if you just erase that aspect from your game.

Hope this helps.