What's new

"Its ok... I wasn't planning on playing anyway..."

Hey, guys. I'm LesPaulPhoenix, and i'm codependent.

Recently, I have been playing online Kombat and one thing that really confuses me is that once I'm popped up for a lengthy combo, even when i'm knocked down and trying to get up, i'm just popped up from the floor. When this happens, i'm typically popped up with a string that starts low (like a string from Sektor or Quan- Chi). So, I'm trying to block low, but nothing happens. Its like my character stands up and (i'm guessing) 10 or so frames later, they decide to block low. This doesnt help when I'm trying to block a (again, i'm guessing) i17 attack while at disadvantage. This reminds me of playing Soulcalibur online and while i'm trying to get up, the guy i'm fighting does a knock down low to keep me at their mercy. I'm aware that i'm speaking of online, and i'm also trying to locate player in my area for local matches. I'm just a little curious as to why the hell this happens, and if there's anything i can do about it. I mean... Sure, I'll admit, i'm not the best Scorpion player in the world, but I can block and I am perfectly capable of playing, just not when I'm unable to even stand up.

Help a noob. You'll gets a brownie.

gdf

Noob
I'm not so familiar with these playstyles, but here is a blanket statement.
Don't choose random rooms when you are playing, make sure that you are choosing TYM or MKU, (I have no opinions for gamefaqs). If they beat you up with a low starting string or something really tough to counter, ask them this question, "How do I counter x tactic?" Replacing 'x' with the tactic giving you troubles, if the guy is just a jerk and calling you all sorts of names rather than critiquing your strategy, (please note criticism and being a jerk are incredibly different), the MK Community will shun them until they get their act together.
(We won't really shun them but we'll think of something)
Because truth be told, despite being online, the Mortal Kombat community will always be helpful.
And I never thought that the nicest people I've ever met would play Mortal Kombat... dat irony.

I'm not so familiar with these playstyles, but here is a blanket statement.
Don't choose random rooms when you are playing, make sure that you are choosing TYM or MKU, (I have no opinions for gamefaqs). If they beat you up with a low starting string or something really tough to counter, ask them this question, "How do I counter x tactic?" Replacing 'x' with the tactic giving you troubles, if the guy is just a jerk and calling you all sorts of names rather than critiquing your strategy, (please note criticism and being a jerk are incredibly different), the MK Community will shun them until they get their act together.
(We won't really shun them but we'll think of something)
Because truth be told, despite being online, the Mortal Kombat community will always be helpful.
And I never thought that the nicest people I've ever met would play Mortal Kombat... dat irony.
lol it seems I was being a little vague. By Scrubline i am referring to online.. online, Scrubline... I'll edit this post if its too confusing. And when I say Lagcalibur i mean Soulcalibur online... I mean to ask what's goin on because obviously, online changes the experience.

I am wondering why it is that online I get popped up from the ground insted of like being offline you can actually stand up. This isnt so much a whine post as it is "why does this happen and what can I do about it?" inquiry. Thanks for your time!

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Let's blame it on lag and input delay, they're usually the two culprits of these things!

Justice

Noob
indeed! We'll point the finger at LAG!!!! RRRRAAAAWWWR!!!!

Well, I suppose none of us have anything worthwhile to say, here. lol

oh well.
Well, you seem to know what you are doing offline, I'm guessing you don't do anything different online, so it's not a huge stretch to conclude that it may not be your fault. Unless you need time in the lab to work on your Quan Chi and Sektor matchups...

Theme

Noob
If they are being overly aggressive with their low starter combos, I suggest wakeup attacks would be your best bet. This current wakeup system gives you 10 frames of invincibility or something like that, so youre quite safe. Scorpion, use his take-down, Sub Zero's Slide, JCs flash kick or shadow kick or even nut punch.

KingShaz

In the Shadows
Hey, guys. I'm LesPaulPhoenix, and i'm codependent.

Recently, I have been playing online Kombat and one thing that really confuses me is that once I'm popped up for a lengthy combo, even when i'm knocked down and trying to get up, i'm just popped up from the floor. When this happens, i'm typically popped up with a string that starts low (like a string from Sektor or Quan- Chi). So, I'm trying to block low, but nothing happens. Its like my character stands up and (i'm guessing) 10 or so frames later, they decide to block low. This doesnt help when I'm trying to block a (again, i'm guessing) i17 attack while at disadvantage. This reminds me of playing Soulcalibur online and while i'm trying to get up, the guy i'm fighting does a knock down low to keep me at their mercy. I'm aware that i'm speaking of online, and i'm also trying to locate player in my area for local matches. I'm just a little curious as to why the hell this happens, and if there's anything i can do about it. I mean... Sure, I'll admit, i'm not the best Scorpion player in the world, but I can block and I am perfectly capable of playing, just not when I'm unable to even stand up.

Help a noob. You'll gets a brownie.
Most likely the input delay and lag. I'm sure this does not happen to you that often when the connection has minimum lag/spikes.

If they are being overly aggressive with their low starter combos, I suggest wakeup attacks would be your best bet. This current wakeup system gives you 10 frames of invincibility or something like that, so youre quite safe. Scorpion, use his take-down, Sub Zero's Slide, JCs flash kick or shadow kick or even nut punch.
Hmmm. That is a VERY good point. I'll give it a shot. thank you.

Most likely the input delay and lag. I'm sure this does not happen to you that often when the connection has minimum lag/spikes.
You're right. It doesnt happen AT ALL when i'm not playing online. I'm a little tempted to write off the online thing entirely, but i'm sure playing with TYM members online will prove a more rewarding experience, Win or lose.