What's new

It's fun watching this video and thinking 20 years back

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I can relate to this. Honestly it's been just as much fun having real conversations with players on Skype/Phone (or in person at PAX) as it is playing the games.

Traveling is made awesome by the people involved. Usually stories on the road are things you never forget.

I'm down to live life to the fullest because I don't like having regrets. Seems like balance is one of the most important things you can have in life.

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
LOL why not have both?

Love the internet, hate social media (unless it's to see Boon tweets for future game :REO)

Again I say this, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. This goes for everything in life. EVERYTHING

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Society sucks nowadays. Working in Manhattan and commuting on subways or just walking down the street I notice nobody ever makes eye contact anymore. I notice in restaurants kids nowadays on Dates on their phones pulled out and faces locked into them not looking at each other... SHit is messed up.
Man, it seems like everyone in the City has an iPhone. The subway is crazy.

But yeah, I've totally been there where you go out to dinner with some friends, you're at the table, and everyone has their phone out -- that's 2014, haha

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol @REDRUM typical/tristate area NYC behavior, I agree it's one key reason why I get turned off by the people and women here especially. But you go country side or south, people are sooo much nicer in general. The women too :)

But yes we have evolved at least technologically.

Last edited:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Lead Moderator
Or you get that really awkward hi because people have no idea how to actually talk nowadays. There are so many cute girls that just instantly become unattractive because they can't hold an introductory conversation for more than 2 minutes.
I hang out with a lot of foreign kids cause most of the time their social skills are there.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Man, it seems like everyone in the City has an iPhone. The subway is crazy.

But yeah, I've totally been there where you go out to dinner with some friends, you're at the table, and everyone has their phone out -- that's 2014, haha

I hate technology cause off all things touched on in that video... And Im a CIO at a law firm in NYC so its essentially my job to have a phone/tablet/laptop (or whatever) in my hand at all times whether its mine or someone else's that I have to fix. I try to stress to my kids that electronics suck and are ruining/controlling us and my 8 year is getting the picture so I hope he grows up understanding all of this ..

ruff321

Kombatant
That's why I avoid going on sites like facebook and force myself to surround with people everyday. I find people to be extremely fake when talking online. There was this dude who I talk to online who's very funny and we would talk for hours but when I tried to talk to him on campus my god he's a dull dud. It's like two completely different personas

Talking in real life isn't like talking over the internet. Everything is spontaneous and you don't really have time to think about what you're gonna say next.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
There's a good message to be had here--but sometimes this message gets clouded by nostalgia and the inevitable "good ole days" feeling everyone gets once they hit that quarter-life mark. There are still plenty of people engaging in physical activity, speaking to one another, having conversations, events, etc. Those days are not dead. Are some of today's youths a little less physically social in lieu of being technologically social? Of course. This video doesn't show all of the war-torn families, foreign immigrants, friends separated by thousands of miles, etc who all use social media in the same sense.

This same argument was had when TV came out. Or when telephones substituted the art of the written letter. Or when the internet defeated the physical text. CDs and MP3s over the sacred vinyl. Is there a lot to learn from this? Sure. But technology isn't going anywhere and social media isn't a "bad" thing--it's just different. If that's all you do then sure it's terrible for our generation--but doing anything in life constantly will hamper your growth and maturity. Too much of anything is not a good idea--so I'd rather take a lesson on the beauty of moderation than some 25 yr old bro realizing he's on his phone too much and making a sentimental video. He has a point--it's just really melodramatic.

TL: DR--we're all going to sound like our parents. I'm also a cynical bastard.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
There's a good message to be had here--but sometimes this message gets clouded by nostalgia and the inevitable "good ole days" feeling everyone gets once they hit that quarter-life mark. There are still plenty of people engaging in physical activity, speaking to one another, having conversations, events, etc. Those days are not dead. Are some of today's youths a little less physically social in lieu of being technologically social? Of course. This video doesn't show all of the war-torn families, foreign immigrants, friends separated by thousands of miles, etc who all use social media in the same sense.

This same argument was had when TV came out. Or when telephones substituted the art of the written letter. Or when the internet defeated the physical text. CDs and MP3s over the sacred vinyl. Is there a lot to learn from this? Sure. But technology isn't going anywhere and social media isn't a "bad" thing--it's just different. If that's all you do then sure it's terrible for our generation--but doing anything in life constantly will hamper your growth and maturity. Too much of anything is not a good idea--so I'd rather take a lesson on the beauty of moderation than some 25 yr old bro realizing he's on his phone too much and making a sentimental video. He has a point--it's just really melodramatic.

TL: DR--we're all going to sound like our parents. I'm also a cynical bastard.
Anything can be unhealthy without moderation but this is becoming a world wide epidemic in most odd way