What's new

It's (almost) Official: Channing Tatum will play Gambit.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5032
  • Start date

Do you have a boner right now?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I'm sure I'm the only one who feels this way, but I actually really liked the Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Movie was terrible but the guy playing Gambit did great for the 10 minutes he was in it. I wish they had stuck with him.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm sorry... have I gone back in time? Is it 1990 again?
Why is Gambit getting his own movie?

I can't even recall the last time Gambit has been relevant in anything. I guess probably the 90's X-men cartoon and X-men vs Street Fighter.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

I can't even recall the last time Gambit has been relevant in anything. I guess probably the 90's X-men cartoon and X-men vs Street Fighter.
He's always easily been one of the most popular X-Men. Hell, I personally have never really been a fan of X-Men at all, but I love me some Gambit. The concept is interesting to me, but I just don't know if I can see them pulling this off the way I hoped. Plus, it's no different than Venom getting a stand alone despite not even being introduced in the Spider-Man movies yet. (At least that is how it's going to work from my understanding, but I could be wrong so don't quote me there)

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
He's always easily been one of the most popular X-Men. Hell, I personally have never really been a fan of X-Men at all, but I love me some Gambit. The concept is interesting to me, but I just don't know if I can see them pulling this off the way I hoped. Plus, it's no different than Venom getting a stand alone despite not even being introduced in the Spider-Man movies yet. (At least that is how it's going to work from my understanding, but I could be wrong so don't quote me there)
This is true. Even people who know very little about X-men or Marvel in general know who Gambit is and love him as a character. Never expected him to get his own movie but I've always wanted to see more of him in the movies.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
dont really see how channing will be good with this role, or why gambit is getting a movie after apocalypse

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
First they kill off Cyclops then they cast Tatum Channing as Gambit. Lol. Whoop-de-fuckin'-do.

The X-men and Spider-man movies are lost causes at this point. The best thing we can do is stop watching them so that they'll stop making them and have no choice but to relinquish the rights back to Marvel.

I thought the same thing the other day when they announced the new power rangers movie. Nostalgia and focus group testing man...its the way of the entertainment industry.