What's new

Is there anything better than Mad Catz TE2 stick?

For serious players out there who love their sticks - is there anything better on the market that goes for under $300 than the upcoming Mad Catz TE2 sticks for the new generation of consoles?

I realize there is a ton of custom work out there, but I'm not paying $500 for something I can do to a $120 stick with some work on my end.

I'm looking for the best quality out of the box in a high end stick.

Recommendations besides the TE2 are appreciated if you think there's something better out there.

Are the Hayabusa sticks in Hori's better than the Sanwa's in the Mad Catz?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
For serious players out there who love their sticks - is there anything better on the market that goes for under $300 than the upcoming Mad Catz TE2 sticks for the new generation of consoles?

I realize there is a ton of custom work out there, but I'm not paying $500 for something I can do to a $120 stick with some work on my end.

I'm looking for the best quality out of the box in a high end stick.

Recommendations besides the TE2 are appreciated if you think there's something better out there.

Are the Hayabusa sticks in Hori's better than the Sanwa's in the Mad Catz?
To be honest it's preference, however, the Hayabusa doesn't use sanwa parts, so if one purchases the Hayabusa I'd strongly recommend replacing the buttons and stick part with sanwa parts. Aside from that the difference between Hori and Madkatz is the button layout. Hori sticks have their R1 and R2 slightly lower than Madkatz does, but it's nothing major one can't get used to. I'm still using my Madkatz SF4 TE Round 2 stick. I want the TE2, but it's not in production till May and to be honest I can just get mine modded for $100 anyway, so why waste the cash? I really wanted the Kuro VLX Hori stick, but they're heavy and I feel it be annoying carrying that around places.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Just curious what makes you specifically not want the TE2? I got one a few weeks ago and its great.

I tried the Hori RAPv4 a bit and its fine. out of the box it has a hayabusa lever, which is a little different than the normal sanwa which most consider the standard. I personally prefer the sanwa but I wouldnt be surprised if a decent amount of people preferred the hayabusa. It also comes with Kuro buttons, which I really dont like at all. They didnt feel sensitive at all. Its very common for people to switch these Kuro buttons for sanwa buttons, from what I read online.

Just curious what makes you specifically not want the TE2? I got one a few weeks ago and its great.

I tried the Hori RAPv4 a bit and its fine. out of the box it has a hayabusa lever, which is a little different than the normal sanwa which most consider the standard. I personally prefer the sanwa but I wouldnt be surprised if a decent amount of people preferred the hayabusa. It also comes with Kuro buttons, which I really dont like at all. They didnt feel sensitive at all. Its very common for people to switch these Kuro buttons for sanwa buttons, from what I read online.
I have no problem with the TE2 - I'm just trying to make sure it's the best bet for the money. :)