What's new

Is the Quan Chi guide up to date with the most recent patch?

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
All I know about his nerf is they made something with his rune trap slower or ex rune trap thing impossible. Just curious if the guide is still good for learning Quan Chi. I plan on learning him just to see how I like him and to better learn the matchup. Thanks for any help! :)

Also if there's a good thread for learning Quan Chi that'd be great too.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
He still has it I think?

Last time I played a good Crunchy player was OmegaK and he used it on me quite nicely.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
To do the rune trap you need to end a combo in en skull, then jump in and do the trap I believe.
Yup this is correct they reduced the stagger after teleport on hit so you no longer get a 50/50 mixup afterwards and you can't rune trap. Now you have to use ex skull which gives a safe jump and then a blocked jump in punch which you can either mixup after, throw or go into runetrap if you have meter.

You can still do runetrap just by running up to them an doing it as well ofc which is very easy to lget the 2,1's blocked.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
To do the rune trap you need to end a combo in en skull, then jump in and do the trap I believe.
Interesting.

So do 2,1 ex skull after you get a guy in trance to set this up? I'm assuming that's the best option.

I just looked at the Quanchi guide and it's empty.. wtf.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Interesting.

So do 2,1 ex skull after you get a guy in trance to set this up? I'm assuming that's the best option.

I just looked at the Quanchi guide and it's empty.. wtf.
If your not draining their meter with ex trance or anything then do the jip to 2,1 every time for that extra dmg. When skull hits dash forwards a bit then do a jip.