What's new

is the combo counter messed up?

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Probably an old issue but I didn't see a thread about it. I remember from a while ago, while messing with MK Gold on Dreamcast, I could do some pretty messed up combos. Things like, with Kitana for example: HP,HP,fan throw, run in, HP,HP,fan throw, run in, repeat until Max Damage. Also if you do a launcher combo, you could just run in and repeat the combo, and it adds to the combo counter as if you had OTG'd your opponent or something. I am just assuming that these are blockable by a human and the combo counter is just messed up? I mean this game has plenty of problems, but it couldn't be THAT broken, right?

Were you playing version 1.0 (red disc) or version 1.1 (gold disc) ?

People always forget that this game was re-released.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Some attacks (actually, a lot of them) are blockable but register as combos still. Pretty much, if they are in the air then it is a true combo. I know of no OTG's in MK4/G, although ded_, MKL, or Hanzo would know way better than I.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The combo system practically bleeds into itself in MK4. In similar situations in UMK3 you can do things like pop up, run in, combo, but in MK4 it's almost impossible to not link, even though blockable. There are some things about MK4's combo system I could never accept.

ded

Elder God
all otgs in mk4 are blockable (like popup run, ground aasujk, repeat) instead one broken shit for mk4 arcade with reiko which i was never able to do.