What's new

Question Is she worth learning?

I'm wondering if I should spend time learning Skarlet? I've noticed that on most tier lists they place her near the bottom.

Also, if I teamed her up with another character, who would you recommend?

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
As someone who is picking her up, and trying to learn her. i would say yes.
She is different from other characters, you won't be able to just learn a Bnb, a few strings and be able to go online and win, she takes more then that.
She is one of the funnest Characters i have played with tho. and that is more then enough for me

I also think you should play Characters you like, and wanna play, and not go off tier list placement
I also don't think Scarlet can be properly placed on a list yet either, since no one has really played her to her full potential at the highest level.

butttttttttttt if all else fails just take her to the lab and play with her ;)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
She is a beast , on account of :

- Block string pressure to build meter

- Amount of BnB combo variations , many with at least 30% damage output

Nobody fully explored her to ultimate highest level possible, and brought not this to tournaments, so, she is a "wild card" into MK9 roster, hehe .... :cool:

ryublaze

Noob
Depends on how much time you're willing to put in to learning her. It took me a few months just to learn the basics. :(

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Like it's been said before, Skarlet's placement in tier lists are nonsensical at this point. Where I would rate her in the top 10, Tom Brady puts her @ ...25 I think? I've never seen the Skarlet player fight Tom Brady to give him that impression, so it's hard to judge whether his opinion is accurate or not.

I'm in the process of making a video guide for her though, so hopefully this will help shed some light for people wanting to learn her.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
With how this game is developing, I'm not sure of Skarlet.

It depends on her fundamentals overall.

What are her tools, honestly? She has extremely rewarding block pressure for sure, but what else? How are you supposed to play her in general? What kind of footsie tools does she have, both on offense and defense? Is her execution really second only to kabal?

I don't know if she'd be a good alt for me or not as a smoke player to counterpick kabal/KL/raiden/reptile or not, but she seems extremely interesting and fun and I kind of want to play her solely for the cool factor

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
She's a Kahn enforcer. Nuff said! Her mix ups are great, she has fabulous pressure, she can zone...she has 3 variations in her projectile...Yes, she is worth learning. I currently have her in the lab as we speak...

Ninj

If it helps, my video guide will have, but is not limited to, the following list:

Normals:
Frames
Uses
Hitbox of move
Specials:
Frames
Uses
Hitbox of move
Combo's:
Resets
Full Damage
Corner
Deep Kick
Air-to-Air
NJP
Big/Small/Normal Hitbox Opponents

Setups:
Down Dagger
Standing/Aerial Far Dagger
D1 for poking and for AA
D4
Strategies:
Anti Rushdown
Rushdown
Anti-Air
Zoning
Footsies
Corner (both getting them to and once they're there)
Meter Building

I'm in phase 1 - script writing - of the Combo's section; normals and specials are done. I have most of the footage I'll need already, but can (and will) easily record extra footage needed for it. Just so you guys have an idea of where I am with it :)

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
*Kinda off topic*
Skarlet is gonna be the next "broken character" of the month real soon. Best you learn her now. You heard it here first ;) .

I didn't read everyones posts but, I wouldn't pick up scarlet just because it seem that everyone is aware of the matchup, I have battled lots of good scarlets and she is like a one trick pony, even her mixups are delt with the same way. but her dash is amazing and she can play a mean game of footsies with her projectile and dash.
pick up sindel, she is like a force of nature. I know its gross that shes all old and shit and barely covers her granny vag (holy shit NRS get help), but she kinda looks like angelina jolie.. point is shes better then scarlet
imo of course

Ninj

I didn't read everyones posts but, I wouldn't pick up scarlet just because it seem that everyone is aware of the matchup, I have battled lots of good scarlets and she is like a one trick pony, even her mixups are delt with the same way. but her dash is amazing and she can play a mean game of footsies with her projectile and dash.
pick up sindel, she is like a force of nature. I know its gross that shes all old and shit and barely covers her granny vag (holy shit NRS get help), but she kinda looks like angelina jolie.. point is shes better then scarlet
imo of course
Your opinion doesn't have any significance without details. Who have you fought that plays Skarlet? Online or offline? What makes her a one trick pony? How do you deal with her mixups?

You make a lot of bold statements with no facts to back it up.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I tried my hand with Skarlet a couple of months ago and I just felt like I couldn't land any combos consistiently. I just have no luck with her playstyle. I also don't have much experience with other Skarlet users either which could explain in some degree the difficulty of using her. Unless you're gonna put in the TIME into her, you might as well pick someone else.