What's new

Is Mavado in MK9?

Anyone else notice....

Pit Stage. There's usualy two of four people fighting there: Frost, Daegon, Sareena and Kenshi.

So I download Kenshi and me and my roommate jump into some versus to check him out. We get the pit stage, but instead of Kenshi fighting Daegon, it's someone else... A guy with dark hair, a black trench coat and shoulder pads. Looks like an updated version of Mavado, but it was hard to see clearly because A.) He's kinda far away and B.) I was kinda battling at the time.

Not saying this means anything, because I highly doubt other easter egg characters (Tanya, Daegon, and Frost) are going to be showing up anytime soon. I just think it's kinda cool that they updated something so small and insignificant as a background fighter with Kenshi's release.

Anyone else notice this new, man of mystery?

Kombo

Noob
I haven't noticed it but I highly doubt we're going to see any more 3D era charecters unless they're relevant to the story.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I don't know much about the 3D games but from reading MK wiki mavado is like evil kabal? Or eviler kabal?

Either way, he seems to have like grappling hooks as his main weapon, I kinda would like to see him be DLC at one point, make him like the spencer or spiderman of MK and do silly things with the grappling hooks.

He also seems kinda generic looking, which is better then looking retarded like a lot of the other 3D characters, would be easier to make him less lame.

Really, I think Mavado was lame. I just saw him in a background and wondered if anyone else did. I do think that if he does get added as DLC, NRS will make him tight. Look what they did for Stryker. No one argues that Stryker isn't the shit these days compared to his Cheif Wiggum days in MK3.

To Rath: Yeah, Mavado was generic and lame. In the 3D days, Deadly Alliance specifically, they only characters I thought were cool were Kenshi (now a DLC), Nitara (basically Skarlet the Vampire) and Li Mei - but only her Deception version, not DA.

As bad as Mavado was, I still think he's light years more awesome than the shit stack that was Drahmin or Chariman Mao... I mean Hsu Hao...

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
Sometimes I think I'm one of the few people who actually thought Mavado was a cool character design. He was my first pick way back when. Either way he'll likely remain only as an easter egg/cameo or whatever. Boon dispelled any chance of him being dlc - unless he was blatantly misdirecting us. Seems unlikely.