What's new

Is it possible to play as Noob Saibot in MK4 Revision 3?

Hey guys. I posted this thread over at another MK forum, but not many people seem to know whether or not this is possible. I just got a Mortal Kombat 4 Revision 3 arcade board, and I saw that the kombat code 012-012 works ("Noob Saibot Mode"), but it doesn't appear to do anything. Now looking at the console cheat codes I'm getting conflicting reports as far as what to do, some say to beat the game with Reiko, others say to just start a 2 player game and then leave it, it seems quite a bit confusing. So I'm curious if anyone here has ever been able to play as Noob Saibot in the arcade version of MK4 Revision 3.

ded

Elder God
noob was selectable in early revisions of mk4 but later replaced by reiko, and probably the team forgot to remove the 012-012 kode, so it does nothing in revision 3

When I look at the MK4 tiers I don't see Goro or Noob Saibot. Goro would obviously be in the broken tier but what about Noob?

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
Noob and Goro were also in PC version (which was kind of a PSX port) and in MK Gold too. You could also select Noob's weapon in MK Gold