Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No. The hot dog stands alone.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 6-4 Kabal.

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It is the current raging debate of the day in my world, and I find myself so perplexed by it that I had to bring it here to TYM to share and dissect with you good people.

Some say that, as a particular food enveloped by bread and condimented to perfection, it unquestionably falls under the category of sandwich.
And yet others regard the hot dog as an edible entity all its own, seperate entirely from the realm of sandwich.

Such a seemingly simple question. One would think it just as easy as picking a side and calling it a life.
And yet the question rages, seethes in the depths of my mind like Scorpion's hellfire.

It's like the paradox about the cat in the box and whether or not it's alive or dead. Both answers are right...and yet by that conclusion, both answers are wrong.

What say you?

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
No. A hot dog is not sandwich. A hotdog is a tube of pork and/or beef and/or turkey (god forbid). And even if you say, "but it's on a roll," it is not a sandwich. A sandwich must be filling, SANDWICHED by bread. Whereas a hot dog is CRADLED. If you split the closed end of the bun, then yes, I suppose by definition, you'd have a sandwich. I'm just happy someone is finally asking the hard hitting questions on TYM. I expect to see this thread in the next Salt Report.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
No. A hot dog is not sandwich. A hotdog is a tube of pork and/or beef and/or turkey (god forbid). And even if you say, "but it's on a roll," it is not a sandwich. A sandwich must be filling, SANDWICHED by bread. Whereas a hot dog is CRADLED. If you split the closed end of the bun, then yes, I suppose by definition, you'd have a sandwich. I'm just happy someone is finally asking the hard hitting questions on TYM. I expect to see this thread in the next Salt Report.
You're technically right. But what does that make a hoagie? Or a cheesesteak?
They possess the same physical attributes of the hot dog, yet they are regarded far and wide as members of the sandwich community.

This is fucking madness...

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
You're technically right. But what does that make a hoagie? Or a cheesesteak?
They possess the same physical attributes of the hot dog, yet they are regarded far and wide as members of the sandwich community.

This is fucking madness...
They are WRONG. They've been wrong for years. Everybody knows technically correct is the best correct.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
They are WRONG. They've been wrong for years. Everybody knows technically correct is the best correct.
And that's what's so troubling. Any other time, you would yet again be 100% more than technically correct. But something about this quandry has gotten stuck in my head, like that fucking accursed whippy nae nae song and I'm Henry The 8'th I Am had a mutant baby and covered it in relish and ketchup. Every answer feels as wrong as it does right. It's the infinite finite. It means nothing, yet it goes on forever.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
After further internet investigation, I can CONFIRM that the cheesesteak is defined absolutely as a sandwich.
Which means that the bread cradle theory has been thrown out the window.

This is going to break my humanity.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I suppose a good test would be to compare a hot dog to a sausage sandwich, I think that could yield some results. Anyway it's time to sleep for me and this is the last thing I'm gonna be thinking about so my dreams shall involve hotdogs and sandwiches...

Depending on how it goes thanks I guess :DOGE

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yes. It's a sandwich. Like a gyro is a greek/mediterranean/middle eastern sandwich, a taco is a mexican sandwich etc etc etc.

You either agree or you're...
LexLuthor_WRONG_.jpg