What's new

Invisibility Pressure

:en Invisibility is a great move that can add tremendous amounts of pressure to your opponent w/ added damage. I like to start w/ any BnB that ends w/ 3,2,1 so I can cancel the last hit into :en Invisibility which gives you enough time to dash in cross up your opponent then start another BnB because your opponent will usually panic & open up. Another strategy is to end w/ 3,2,1 cancel the last hit into :en Invisibility then zone w/ force balls, dash in & BnB away.

In the clip vs Liu Kang I did 1,2,2~Force Ball - 3,2~Force Ball - 3,2,1~:en Invisibility - Elbow Dash, jip, 2~Force Ball - 3,2~Force Ball - 3,2,1~Force Ball -Elbow Dash D+4~Acid Hand

In the Johnny Cage clip I did Force Ball - 3,2~Force Ball - 3,2,1~:en Invisibility - :en Force Ball (slow)

Initially it was but go into practice mode & practice those strings as I wrote then BUT at the end just take out :en Invisibility & pay close attention to exactly where Reptile is & will be. Then throw in :en Invisibility & you will have it, the main thing is to get comfortable w/ the timing of the string

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I don't know if anyone has ever played me before, but I almost always ends my strings with invisibility.

I typically don't do enhanced but after hitting someone with a combo I typically end with invis and then shoot a slow forceball. Typically there is enough time for both to come out and the opponent will have to deal with the forceball pressure. Here's different things I do depending on the opponent:

- If the opponent can zone and wasn't too aggressive I actually like to move in a bit with the forceball and then shoot a fast one or acid spit and continue to zone.

- If the opponent just turtles you can basically try whatever but to be safe I like to just d4-acid hand or grab.

- If the opponent tries to poke you out I just get in a little close and elbow dash as they poke.

- If I go invis while the opponent is close I usually step back, or don't move and just charge a enhanced ball because a lot of times they try to jump in punch to hit you out. Or if they just turtle then it's free pressure for you.

I know none of these things I posted are amazing strategies or anything but I do believe using invis has a lot of possibilites for mindgames and can potentially win you the match. I don't think it ever really hurts to end the string with it since it does build a bit of meter (not much) and the worst that can happen is the oppnent hits you out of it. It's something that a lot of Reptile players don't try so i like to think that when I use it that it makes my playstyle a bit more different which makes it harder for my opponents to read

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Invisibility in blockstrings is okay, but it heavily depends on the string. 321, for example, is one of the strings that ending in invisibility works cuz it's roughly better frame advantage. But the problem is always gonna be that Reptile has too sluggish of strings to reliably continue pressure without getting smacked before your shit comes out.

Invisibility in blockstrings is okay, but it heavily depends on the string. 321, for example, is one of the strings that ending in invisibility works cuz it's roughly better frame advantage. But the problem is always gonna be that Reptile has too sluggish of strings to reliably continue pressure without getting smacked before your shit comes out.
I'm no reptile expert, I just started learning how to use him to a degree.
The only problem I've had is when I elbow dash & try to cross up w/ a jip I just get an uppercut in the jaw
But now I usually elbow dash then crouch to make the uppercut wiff then punish accordingly

Kuai Liang

Tundra
Yeah, I didn't know and I just started using Reptile so it was useful for me. I"ve just been doing normal invisbility at the moment though when I end with a 3 2 1.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Initially it was but go into practice mode & practice those strings as I wrote then BUT at the end just take out :en Invisibility & pay close attention to exactly where Reptile is & will be. Then throw in :en Invisibility & you will have it, the main thing is to get comfortable w/ the timing of the string
I use invisibility quite a bit. The regular version works best on indoor dark levels like Goro's Layer. I mainly use the EX version just like you do. However, sometimes I do it after his netural grab you can elbow dash and then jump in combo punch from full screen, you will be surprised how often it works. The three main ways I end my 3,2,1 combo string.

#1 EX slow forceball it is a great way to get in safely. If you do take damage you have a 1 meter combo breaker instead of using two meters and it will also do 5% damage.

#2 EX or regular invisibility is a great way to confuse you opponent and keep them guessing. Going invisibile usally makes the opponent become aggressive and start spamming projectiles to make you visable again. If you are expecting this and are prepared you can usally get really good damage.

#3 EX acid spit is your safest way to end combos. It send the opponent full screen putting them in range for your zoning with forceballs and spit. It also completly prevents the wake-up attack taking away one of the most powerful tools that some characters games.

INVISIBILTY AND EX ACID SPIT ARE REALLY UNDERUSED!!!!!!!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Invisibility is my combo ender when I don't have meter for EN Slow Ball.

Sometimes I end with 3 Elbow Dashes though.