What's new

Investing in the man in the purple pants.

Mr_Huggs

Noob
I have been a strict Ermac main the enitre duration of MK9. Been on the hunt recently to pick up someone new and want to go with Jax. Anyone have some good tips for starting out with Jax so I can better my MK roster.

First off look into the community guide, then the question guide and then of course the video thread (all under Jax). ALOT of good info and tips. Get the corner and mid screen kombos down, Jax doesn't fair well to zonners since he can't really zone back or teleport. So its crucial that you get down his highest damaging kombos and variations. Going against characters like Reptile, Kenshi and Noob...your going to have to make each hit count because they'll quickly switch up and zone you the entire game for that W.

Don't be afraid to use us for help or a source for new information! Alot of Jax players come and go and don't really use us as a source like you'll find in the other character threads. We can help you get over the basics with him pretty quickly :)

Deity

Noob
First off look into the community guide, then the question guide and then of course the video thread (all under Jax). ALOT of good info and tips. Get the corner and mid screen kombos down, Jax doesn't fair well to zonners since he can't really zone back or teleport. So its crucial that you get down his highest damaging kombos and variations. Going against characters like Reptile, Kenshi and Noob...your going to have to make each hit count because they'll quickly switch up and zone you the entire game for that W.

Don't be afraid to use us for help or a source for new information! Alot of Jax players come and go and don't really use us as a source like you'll find in the other character threads. We can help you get over the basics with him pretty quickly :)
Jax doesn't have problems with zoners.

Jax doesn't have problems with zoners.
How does he not? He can't teleport, he can't walk through them... So he's left with jumping over them, blocking them, or using a armor move to get through (minus the few he can duck). So in some shape or form he has to deal with most characters zoning eating chip damage to advance. Which only brings me back to my point of having to learn your mid screen and korner kombos to get the most out of your hits when you do get in.

I'm all ears if you got better advice.

Deity

Noob
How does he not? He can't teleport, he can't walk through them... So he's left with jumping over them, blocking them, or using a armor move to get through (minus the few he can duck). So in some shape or form he has to deal with most characters zoning eating chip damage to advance. Which only brings me back to my point of having to learn your mid screen and korner kombos to get the most out of your hits when you do get in.

I'm all ears if you got better advice.
Zoning is ass in this game. The only zoning I could even see Jax having problems with is Freddy and Kenshi. There's no need for Jax to have a teleport or anything of the sort because zoning in this game pushes you to the corner, where Jax is most scary.

LEGEND

YES!
the only zoning character that gives Jax a problem is Freddy and thats only cause of Nightmare Stance

Freddy is a pain in the ass, but when it comes to specific characters like Noob. Ground pound isn't fast enough to take on a clone unless it full screen. Then your dependent on meter and eating chip damage to get in.