What's new

Investigators believe 8-year-old intentionally killed 90-year-old woman

Peckapowa

Warrior
sad stuff, i was fully capable of grasping violent video games at that age and the difference, who knows what happened in that situation

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
When I see the headline "Kid Strangles brother and cousin with xbox controller cord after getting "Teabagged" then I will agree that video games were responsible for a murder.

When I see the headline "Kid Strangles brother and cousin with xbox controller cord after getting "Teabagged" then I will agree that video games were responsible for a murder.
Even then I wouldn't, I'd sooner think the sibling and cousin might have treated the kid like shit for years and he snapped or the kid has mental problems.

A lot of times these stories don't give you the whole story and you walk into the second act of a movie without knowing what happened in the first act to lead up to this point. (hooray for movie metaphors)

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Even then I wouldn't, I'd sooner think the sibling and cousin might have treated the kid like shit for years and he snapped or the kid has mental problems.

A lot of times these stories don't give you the whole story and you walk into the second act of a movie without knowing what happened in the first act to lead up to this point. (hooray for movie metaphors)
It was a Joke, but you are right. there really is no way that video games can be blamed for anything. Even if a baby was forced to play gta for 20 years being told it was a "life training" simulator never seeing the outside world then given a glock and a viper and sent on his way, the person who told him GTA was real would be to blame, not gta.

The thing is, cartoons are processed in a complete different are of the brain than "real" stimuli. Thats why seeing the Coyote get blown up doesn't phase you, but seeing a real coyote get blown apart by a stick of dynamite would probably scar you. It is an inherent part of the human mind that we are able to recognize fantasies. If a human lacks this, then they have a pretty serious mental disorder and again that would be to blame, not the video game.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Do we know for sure that the 90 year old woman didn't tea bag the kid...

If it was because of GTA did they find him distraught searching for a mission marker and upset that $ didn't spill from the body...

This whole thing reads kinda funny...were they the only people in the house? Was she supose to be watching him or something? Parents?

Headline should be Old lady has kid play with guns surprised when something went wrong...

I have a son round that age ...no way for him to get at guns...he can play whatever but chooses to play kids games ..worst game he plays is RCR...

Sent from the bottom of a bottomless pit.

Honestly i blame video games 110%, I mean the other day i yelled Shazam while holding a lightning rod and lets just say the end result was amazing, seriously just look at my avatar pic I've never looked so swole in my life @_@.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly i blame video games 110%, I mean the other day i yelled Shazam while holding a lightning rod and lets just say the end result was amazing, seriously just look at my avatar pic I've never looked so swole in my life @_@.
^This.
Yesterday I slapped my chest and became a 6'2 druggie latino luchador, then proceeded to do backbreakers to every child on the street and left them in a pile. Now as they grow, they will be forced to remember that fateful day upon Brokeback Mountain. :cool:
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

^This.
Yesterday I slapped my chest and became a 6'2 druggie latino luchador, then proceeded to do backbreakers to every child on the street and left them in a pile. Now as they grow, they will be forced to remember that fateful day upon Brokeback Mountain. :cool:
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
LMAO ^