What's new

Introduction to TYM.

New here. Thought I'd sign up here, meet new people, and hopefully improve whatever skills I may have. I'm not too involved in the Mortal Kombat scene, but would like to be. I play mainly Smoke, but like I said, I'm not too experienced.

Feel free to add me on PSN: zn-1

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
smoke huh? you'll need to learn his resets, i don't main smoke, but i do know a majority of his setups. I could show you, but your best bet would probably be @GGA Waffles or xSMoKEx

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
I can't really give advice for Smoke, he can be played in a variety of ways so different people choose their own style.

Practice + Experience is the the best thing for a Smoke player (Outside of knowing how to perform the reset, knowing combo ender mix-ups and basic frame data, which can all be learned via reading the forums)

Always stay calm, if you lose your cool you'll start throwing out random SB's or be too aggressive and get slaughtered, and Smoke's lack of defensive options really sucks :p Stay away from doing the D1~SB online shenanigans or the constant air-tele cross over to escape the corner, those things will work pretty well online vs. unexperienced players but it just robs you of proper fundamental play in the long run.

I don't normally use SBs when playing with Smoke anyway. I just haven't a way to "usefully" integrate it into my style yet.