What's new

Introduce myself and quick questions

hi everyone.

I have been lurking these forums for over 3 months now, I finally decided to make an account. I used to main 4 chars (ermac,raiden,cage and LK), but I have played around a 1000 online games and I concluded that maining 4 chars is stupid. I dropped ermac, raiden and cage and picked up sub because I love how he plays and his normals are absolutely fantastic. He also has alot of depth and I feel maining sub is equivalent to maining ermac raiden and cage. So I am a sub nub, I am looking forward to posting here and learning more about him, since I am new I decided to make a thread but from now on I will be posting all sub related questions in the ask sub thread.

So I just had a few quick questions.

How do I punish a blocked teleport? I have tried 22 freeze, but 22 sometimes doesnt connect, and I am not able to punish it.

Also when I play noob, I have no trouble dodging and blocking noob projectlies and getting in closer but, the problem is noob uses so many projectiles and I block so many of them that he builds meter very quickly and then when I am about to perform my xray 50% combo it gets broken before I can get my x ray in.?

any solutions?

thanks

2-2 freeze should work on all of the teleport attacks that are actually punishable. Did you have any specific characters' teleport attacks in mind?

Just the xray itself will you give you unbreakable damage. If your opponent has a breaker and you need the damage over making them use up a breaker then you can just xray instead of combo into xray. You can also try the b2 reset if you need the damage.

Mechacide

Apprentice
I assume you're trying to time the 2,2 punish with when they land. If so, go for f+4 instead.

As for Noob, you just have to make him burn his meter, and then get in again. Don't bother with jumping around and block-dashing, though, just trade your ice with his clones.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Welcome to TYM :coffee:

I moved your thread because intros go in the Noobs Passage. Questions about a character can go in the threads in the character forums that pertain to the questions. :)

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Good choice in Sub-Zero. I had your problem too. Made a long post about it as well. Hope you stick with him though and I hope he cures your alt-itus.

Surprisingly, I find the best way to fight noob is not close, but midscreen distance. Make him clone you so that you can trade. Do not try to lock him down with iceballs as he can easily teleport on you. He can breaker once in a while but not that often and eating a few 8% is nothing compared to 20%+