What's new

Intro, greetins, and... uhh whatever

Colonel_Klink

Delusional
Just thought I'd do the intro thing since I've decided to be more than a lurker in the community. I generally swing by this place to check out what's going on in the "old world" MK scene -- you know, the roms that our ancestor immigrants brought with them back in the days of ye olde arcades.

I'm very grateful to all of those ROM dumpers that contribute to MAME. The landscape of today's video games is so much different. I love finding older revisions of game ROMs and seeing how the programming evolved. No, wait -- that's a little too pretentious, because I don't understand machine language or ASM, though I would definitely try if the source code for MK, MKII, MK3, or UMK3 were released. When noobde (Mr. Boon) posted a screenshot of the source for Sonya's square wave punch, I did some research and quickly realized that even if I had the source, I couldn't get the ancient hardware to emulate and compile the code. Those MAME guys know what's up though... so I guess if I was really committed I would already be making my own hacks.

Jeez, now I'm depressed at how unmotivated or lazy I am to pursue such a monumental undertaking....