What's new

Interesting Injustice Viewership Stat on IGN

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So scrolling down the IGN main page, I couldn't help but notice that the story about the Batman vs. Wonder Woman arena match has over 700 comments. That's a LOT of comments, even by IGN standards. The closest story above that is the story about the upcoming Battlefield 4 reveal, which has 800-something.

That's a pretty big deal, especially for a fighting game.

So kudos to NRS and DC Comics, and it's something to watch for the next few weeks.

The Injustice era has begun.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
and most of the will drop the game in 3 weeks sadly
Naw man, I think the vast majority of players will love this game. There will always be a few hardcore players that will complain for whatever reason, but most people are going to eat this game up. A decent fighting game that stars Batman is already a winner in most people's books.

Plus the timing is good coming off Arkham Asylum and the Dark Knight series. And the Injustice comics generating good press is an added bonus.

Add to that the diehard MK fans that were waiting for certain bugs in the game to be fixed. It's a good situation all around.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
Naw man, I think the vast majority of players will love this game. There will always be a few hardcore players that will complain for whatever reason, but most people are going to eat this game up. A decent fighting game that stars Batman is already a winner in most people's books.

Plus the timing is good coming off Arkham Asylum and the Dark Knight series. And the Injustice comics generating good press is an added bonus.
I'm not 100% sure
I know a couple of casual gamers who like IGN and they get excited for a new fighting game like Persona 4 or MvC3 but they always give it up after 2 to 3 weeks
this game might be different I hope

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I'm not 100% sure
I know a couple of casual gamers who like IGN and they get excited for a new fighting game like Persona 4 or MvC3 but they always give it up after 2 to 3 weeks
this game might be different I hope
That's where NRS' story mode and unlocks/extras come in. MK9 probably had the most value for the casual gamer of any fighting game this era.

Edit: Wow, FrothyOmen quick on that meme trigger-finger.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Given this game is supposed to top MK9 in story size and unlocks and its tied to a major license that has never had a legitimate fighter before I'd say its gonna be a hit with casuals and they will get their money's worth out of the single player easily.

exp unlocks for costumes and other stuff, the mission mode is ridiculously big according to the achievements. Like 720 stars are possible in that mode. Even if this refers to each mode with 3 star rank thats 240 missions! Plus they still get to play arcade and multiplayer on top of all that single player mission, collecting, exp, and story playing goodness.

This game will sing to casuals. Its already gaining a decent amount of attention from FGC and if its balanced well enough it'll be a mainstay there as well. This will be profitable and popular. COD level? Not likely, but definitely appears to be a game worth putting to market if you are seeking a good reputation and profits.

RAWFShowtime

#INeedInjustice
I think its a pretty huge deal. The game has garnered quite a bit of excitement in the entire gaming community right now. I see a big release for this game next month! And NRS deserves it!

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I hope it has great success, primarily because I want another good comic book game, especially a fighter (I hate MvC 3, probably because of UMvC3, that was the shittiest thing Capcom could have done)

But secondly, sales mean sequels. Next-Gen sequels.