What's new

Tech Interesting Find..

Harlequinnj

"Trying to make me laugh?"
I was in the lab against Doomsday to to test a theory i was thinking about post release of Babs and i was correct.

If you time it right, her smoke bomb can beat out doomsdays supernova.

The timing at close range and mid-full screen varies, but i've tested at all distances and it works.

You can then MB and follow up for extra damage if you'd like

Sorry if i'm sounding dumb when i say this, but I'm so happy that it works :L

Harlequinnj

Thanks, i may record a quick video from my iphone just to demonstrate and give more of an idea!

Harlequinnj

Here's the demonstration.. (apologies for shitty iphone quality and angle, had to rest my phone on a bunch of game cases :L) Nevertheless, you can see what im getting at.

Doomsday Supernova beats her if its off screen almost everytime. There are specific times it will work but good luck doing that in the middle of a battle.

Harlequinnj

Doomsday Supernova beats her if its off screen almost everytime. There are specific times it will work but good luck doing that in the middle of a battle.
Yeah, but that's not the point. It's the fact you can beat him out during the startup, which many characters cannot do easily. It's a matter of reading your opponent then going for the smoke bomb when you see them start up supernova.

It's not impossible, it's actually fairly practical in a real match, i have actually done it a few times already.

Of course you can't beat it out off screen, that's not what I was saying either...
I don't think anyone can without armor..that would be broken otherwise.

Also, if you're so worried about being beaten out then go for a Bat-Evade to easily avoid it but lose the followup potential.