What's new

Instant air sai?

Could someone please explan to me how to do the IAS? I tried pistol's (I think) suggestion of db, du 4,1 (or negative edge 1), or something, but it didn't work. I know I'm doing it wrong, so can someone tell me how to do it right?

Lomyn

Snoctopus
Could someone please explan to me how to do the IAS? I tried pistol's (I think) suggestion of db, du 4,1 (or negative edge 1), or something, but it didn't work. I know I'm doing it wrong, so can someone tell me how to do it right?
u/b,f+1

Pistol

Noob
you can do u/b,f+1

u/b, u/f+1

The negative edge is holding in 1 after let's say a regular sai , then doing u/b,f+release 1. Hold in 1 during your recovery and repeat.

Ah okay, I see. I thought I heard some discussion too about how to do it after a forward jump kick, like in a juggle. Is there any easier way than uf+3_4, b,f+1 (really fast)?

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
b, f, K, FP for the jump kick thing if that's what you want.
That's not what I'd suggest off of a jump in though.

And for AA Jump Kick...follow up with a telekick, air sai, roll, B+FP, BK, uppercut for 31%

not to sound like a Noob but can someone make a video of how to do this? showing the different types of inputs on Pad/Stick??

Somberness

Lights
On a controller, it is a very quick swipe of your thumb going from up to back to forward then hit FP. Check in practice what inputs you are getting first and change your motion accordingly.