What's new

Question Instant Air Fan Question

Most people recommend doing a jump back for the IAF. But I am much more consistent doing my IAFs off of a neutral jump. I can do them off of a jump back but like I said I hit almost every single one off of a neutral jump. So basically what I am saying is will it matter if at all if I do neutral jump IAFs?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Generally, no, it shouldn't matter. The only reason I and others prefer jumping back is because the circular motion just feels a little more natural. However, in some situations I do find the jump back preferable for more than just that. For example, when zoning Kung Lao, and he does a teleport, you can get a jk~fan on him if you react fast enough.

Generally, no, it shouldn't matter. The only reason I and others prefer jumping back is because the circular motion just feels a little more natural. However, in some situations I do find the jump back preferable for more than just that. For example, when zoning Kung Lao, and he does a teleport, you can get a jk~fan on him if you react fast enough.
Doesn't the jump back fan also push you a little bit farther? Can be useful I guess if you want to run away from the opponent.

I did notice it was much lower than usual. Didn't know it was faster. Guess all that instant air cloning with sub-zero helped a loth here.