What's new

Strategy Instant Air Axe Video - How Good could this be?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I can do this pretty consistently low to the ground as shown. No editing and yes ill screw up every now and then but im practicing this a ton because it could be a nice tool in a lot of ways. It's DEFINITELY + on block as i had the dummy AI jump right after and i always jumped first.
Im guessing it's +2 or +3

Also a combo to go along with it

Again Just exploring different options off Instant air axe if becomes viable

WoundCowboy
LEGEND
SomeCubanGuy
EGP Wonder_Chef
@Sinestro Core

LEGEND

YES!
If done perfectly i think its even more + than 5 frames, i had the Cpu set to jump and it couldn't even jump out of a 22 followup. Though doing the Air axe that perfectly is not going to be able to be done consistently

Best uses of instant air axe so far (ime) are after a D1 and on a knockdown set-up to either beat wake ups or get + frames if the try to block (though this is obviously MU specific)

as a aside, i've also found that D2 can help land a combo off of a pretty rangy air ax, Example: Air Ax, D2, B1-Shackles, Ji2, B213 = 21%.
Before i knew about this i was only getting a FB added to these types of Air ax hits

Edit: Instant air ax also could be useful after a blocked B3. Also, i think you can link jump ins to the Ax to make them plus on block

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I have used this before. If your quick enough you can d2-b1-shackles then either combo or go into your d1 mix-up.

I now realise LEGEND just posted the same thing....ya thats what I do.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Also PIG and LEGEND I just posted in the axe of terror cross up thread about getting 7% unscaled damage of axe of terror. Check it out.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
its also good to do off a blocked 1b23 as its plus 5. it blows up mashing.
The only thing I don't like about that combo is that it can be interrupted between the 2nd and 3rd hit by a super move or fast advancing specials.

Also PLAYING TO W1N did you know that you are on the video of Sinestro's move list thead. I was watching it and it said you were logging into Injustice. Just wanted to let you know that in case you didn't.

The only thing I don't like about that combo is that it can be interrupted between the 2nd and 3rd hit by a super move or fast advancing specials.

Also PLAYING TO W1N did you know that you are on the video of Sinestro's move list thead. I was watching it and it said you were logging into Injustice. Just wanted to let you know that in case you didn't.
wait.. what?

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Not that my opinion matters or anything but I've been using AOT a ton and it is a great tool. I love it when I have trait built up because you can guarantee shackles and full combo even off of a naked AOT and one trait as they drop.

What's also great about it is if you can AA in the air you can hit an AOT and then go for the combo.

Not to mention when you jump in on someone and they try to AA you and you can hit AOT.

Probably my favorite air move in the game.

I'm probably doing it wrong but I'm having more success with AOT than doing a JI2. Probably just me though. =(

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I have definitely been incorporating this into my game. It is a pretty good footsie tool, especially considering that it leaves him at advantage unlike most of his other strings and specials. In case you guys missed it, instant air axe ALWAYS leads to a combo with or without trait. You must link B1-shackles after the axe hits. It's major weaknesses are that the instant version can be beat by ground normals and air to airs.