What's new

Inputs

I've been practicing combos a lot and I had improved but I constantly deal with several problems. I hope you could help me.
I will name two examples of combos where often something else will happen:

Ermac: :bp:bp,db:fp this should be two punches and force lift but instead it does two punches and force ball, it takes :bp from previous combo - how should I avoid this problem?

Subzero: :bp:bp, df:fk, jump :fp/:bp, dash, b:fp:bp,:bp:fp:bk - last string of combo won't often execute, it just ignores it even if i pressed it as fast as i could

Any help would be appreciated.

With the Ermac combo you're probably hitting Negative Edge. Where the game reads the input when you're releasing the button. Try making sure BP is released before doing the motions, or keep holding it while doing force lift (I honestly never checked how I deal with it lol)

Subzero: Don't put it in too fast. I've had the same thing with Raiden's b312, and also in Tekken. Try slowing down your inputs

With the Ermac combo you're probably hitting Negative Edge. Where the game reads the input when you're releasing the button. Try making sure BP is released before doing the motions, or keep holding it while doing force lift (I honestly never checked how I deal with it lol)
Thanks, I will work on it. Often it does what it should but sometimes i can't do it 10 times in the row.

Subzero: Don't put it in too fast. I've had the same thing with Raiden's b312, and also in Tekken. Try slowing down your inputs
True, if I input whole combo all at once will only execute the first part. Is there any way you can recognize the time when to input the next part of the combo (e.g. start inputing when you see the last punch/kick of the current part of the combo etc.)?

CJ81

Noob

I try to slow my inputs too. I have the same problem doing Noob's b+1,2,1 QCB+3+BLK, the QCB+2 comes out instead. I keep practicing. As for the other guy's question, the way to know if you are doing something correctly is just watch the frames.

water

Noob
Here is what I do to Avoid Negative Edge Inputs: Input chain combo commands as Fast as possible, Pause, then Input special move. This method also helps with Hit Confirming if your chain combo is safe on block (which most are). You can watch for the hits as you pause, then react to complete the special move input and complete your combo.

As far as juggling is concerned: most normal moves afaik can be dash-cancelled. You can get comfortable with this by launching and then performing a chain. As the last hit of the chain connects, attempt to dash (f,f). At first you can try to simply mash the dash. You can see how early you can recover from moves. The dash itself can be cancelled by inputting the next attack or even jumping. This makes linking different chains together to juggle easier, even if you do not have to dash cancel, it makes many combos easier.

I hope this helps!