What's new

Injustice PS4 Region locked?

Hey all, been a while since I've been on here but I have a question...

Does anyone know if the PS4 version of IJ is region locked online AGAIN like the PS3 version was? This annoyed me to no end and I hope that if they were going to port for a next gen system they'ed have not done this anymore.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Unfortunately i think its locked, the only game to do it

thinking about buying a US Copy to make the yanks salty haha

Nah in seriousness im sick of playing the same people over and over in Europe server, so im gonna import it of amazon

Edit: is there anybody with the US with a really good internetspeed and connection and wired, so i can test my Connection with yours to see if its playable enough to actually punish on reaction?

IrishMantis

what's the idea behind region locking? Different copies of the game or what?
Yes Europe be Pal region when the US would have its own,
NRS is the only game i have ever known to this (online only) , atleast give us the option to filter like Tekken and SF,

Yes Europe be Pal region when the US would have its own,
NRS is the only game i have ever known to this (online only) , atleast give us the option to filter like Tekken and SF,
See I'd understand if this was something they did with all systems or due to some limitation with PS3 servers or complication with the hardware....but why is it not the same for other systems? Xbox doesn't get region locked for it's online and there is no excuse for a NEXT GEN PS4 to be region locked just because the devs can't be bothered making the netcode work properly for it.

Sami

Noob
what's the idea behind region locking? Different copies of the game or what?
For online, to ensure people get paired against people from the same area in the hopes of having a better connection. This of course could be made a preference of the player by giving them the choice of only facing people in their region or worldwide.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

For online, to ensure people get paired against people from the same area in the hopes of having a better connection. This of course could be made a preference of the player by giving them the choice of only facing people in their region or worldwide.
If so fair enough, but why is it not like that on both Xbox's