What's new

Video/Tutorial Injustice Gods among us "Shazam Tutorial" - Thunder God!

iitRueii

Noob
Alrighty guys!

I have learnt enough about this guy to feel confident on doing a full "in-depth" tutorial, from his bare basics to more advanced play and tactics. (even finish with a beautiful 2 meter 78% dmg combo)

I hope this helps all the new shazams out there and maybe gives some ideas for the more experianced ones :)

I recommend writing a script before making a tutorial or just have more knowledge in general
because this downright sucks, im sorry :oops:

iitRueii

Noob
I recommend writing a script before making a tutorial or just have more knowledge in general
because this downright sucks, im sorry :oops:
Really? Whats wrong with it?

I know I do things differently, I try a more organic approtch, just the way I have done tutorials and had good reception in most.

I know a lot about the character and havent just looked up frame data and combos then put this togther, I have quite a decent shazam and undertsand his mindgames and tactics.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion though so I respect that :)

I'm sorry it wasn't good enough for you.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
To be honest shazam is one of my favorite characters to watch in this game, im suprised you think hes a top character, just seems really unsafe. Will try and learn him though, love his first healthbar win animation.

iitRueii

Noob
To be honest shazam is one of my favorite characters to watch in this game, im suprised you think hes a top character, just seems really unsafe. Will try and learn him though, love his first healthbar win animation.
He is amazingly underrated, he can do huge damage off overheads or command grabs and has a really good mixup game.

I totaly agree about him being unsafe, I feel this is what makes him not as good as he could be, but that said his damage output is really high for a right guess

Shawi

Noob
Good effort lad - but tbh it could all fit in to about 8 minutes if you were to pre-record and get it all right. I saw myself forwarding through a LOT of it because you kept dropping the combos and saying "this is by far the easiest combo" but you couldn't complete it lol. So yeah, great for beginners, just script it out and pre-record for future tutorials, that way you can patch it all together so it is very concise and full of goodness.

iitRueii

Noob
Good effort lad - but tbh it could all fit in to about 8 minutes if you were to pre-record and get it all right. I saw myself forwarding through a LOT of it because you kept dropping the combos and saying "this is by far the easiest combo" but you couldn't complete it lol. So yeah, great for beginners, just script it out and pre-record for future tutorials, that way you can patch it all together so it is very concise and full of goodness.
xDDDDD

thats totaly me - this is his easier combos - misses 10 times!

Yeh, I could do the tutorials that way I suppose I just love the organic way of making mistakes and showing the human side of look this guy isnt amazingly easy and you will mess up untill you nail your combos.

Totally understand where you are coming from I suppose I didn't want it to be a referance video, but more of a 1 time watch, in which you come away with a good understanding of the way shazam can be played and understand his mixup potential. (noticing his moves are not that simple)

But yeh I totaly understand what you mean. I see basicly every other tutorial do it the way you stated :)