What's new

Injustice Gods Among Us: Live Discussion # 9 - Bat Family? Red Hood vs. Nightwing? Mk Or injustice?

Mortal Kombat Or Injustice Gods Among Us? Which will be better?

• Total voters
Hey TYM forumites! Its Dinozords here to show you the 9th live discussion we've had on my youtube channel! What do we do in these live discussions? well we talk about INJUSTICE! Sometimes it's speculatory. But sometimes we breakdown trailers and show off some stuff you might not have seen! This time it's speculation but some great speculation at that. But i think we have some great topics thsi time not just for Injustice and DC comics fans but we have some topics i think people who love MK will be excited for.

StarcaverX

Bajan to the core!
I didn't have to watch the video because I am currently studying for finals (procrastination is a hell of a drug) so, I will try to make my 2 cents short and sweet. I don't think there should even be a comparison at this point because, they're so many unknowns right now revolving Injustice. Even with the builds that people tried at various conventions; you cannot give a definitive *nod of the head* saying that one game will be better until all the cards are on the table.

When i'm online talking to my training buddy(Hardcore UMVC3 fan), we always end up talking about Injustice / MK9 and, which one we think will be better. These are some of the questions and their responses we always argue about :p.

1. MK9 combos don't just flow to him in terms of animation, he would ask if i think Injustice will do better?
Well my response i remember vaguely was Of course because, even though both games run on the same engine (Unreal).... NRS will learn through their trial and error phase within MK9 to make Injustice better| More fluid. So we both agreed that Injustice SHOULD be more polished than MK9. God forbid some graphical glitch is found and f**ks up gameplay....

2. Another unknown we talked about was the roster and this was a mixed bag. He likes the fact it has an over abundance of Batman characters and he wants more while, I felt like they are way more prominent figures that deserve a chance. For right now we don't know the entire roster so, i will hold a wait and see attitude. For all we know with the success of Dark knight rises, they could put in Bane as a big body grappler and throw the interwebs into a frenzy about batman characters. Some will think it's OMGWTFBBQ and some will hate it, that's just how the world is...

3. The last thing would be the overall mechanics of the game and this ties into the first point. We know about the button layout(Gimmick button etc. ) and use of gravity within the game but, what else do we have to go on really? Even though our fellow TYM brothers and sisters have given us a few tidbits here and there, that can all be modfied in the final build. NRS may see something they don't like and completely change it to how they see fit. MK9 has been out for 1 year going on 2 and tech is still being released as I type this so, in terms of mechanics MK9 is superior currently.The game as it is currently plays completely different to MK9 so shouldn't they be treated differently?
Let's be honest, when Injustice is released and people like Tyler Lantern and Desk break it down to a science...Soo much broken s**t will come to light that it will make the game look poorly balanced. It would be the job of NRS to make the game as " Perfect" as they see fit, this also brings up the points of sales.

4. According to VG charts from a few months back, MK9 sold 2 million copies worldwide when, fighters exploded back onto the scene (Two of those are mine :p) . Currently the market is freaking saturated with fighters and i honestly think, it will take more than a few things to sell this game to the masses (Casuals especially). I am going to play the hell out of Injustice with harley|stroke but, one thing that keeps a game alive is the support of the company who made it. If Injustice doesn't perform up to snuff WB|NRS may not support the game and without that support the game will be on life support.

TL;DR Until the game comes out, I can't give a definite stance on which one is better. I may like peppermint herbal tea while my TYM family may like Lipton but, how can i compare my peppermint to some unknown japanese |tropical blend s**t that i haven't even tried the final product yet.

Sorry that I rambled on but, that's how i feel about the Mk9 |Injustice ordeal. Both of them are fighters with their own identity, in my eyes both of them are way freaking better than studying....

P.S - Sorry if i bored the hell out of you guys, Just my two cents on the matter. If Dinozords covered this stuff in his video i will feel like a huge assclown later otherwise meh :p.

Star

one thing that keeps a game alive is the support of the company who made it.
Completely false in my opinion.
SFxT is a piece of shit and Cashcom is trying everything to keep it alive, yet the FGC doesn't really care that much about it, since it's bland and boring, so there you have it.