What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us -- In Game Music Discussion

BGMD

Noob
A lot of people complained about generic sounding orchestral "movie trailer"music, and to be completly honest it was a bit same-ish (and quiet), you could hardly distinct one theme from another... but now in Raven vs. Catwoman video there is obviously some heavy remixing going on. I compared it to Flash vs Shazam fight (same stage), and there are some repeating cues and themes, so I believe it's the same number.

So how did you like it, did it add to the fight?
And do you think that we will be able to choose between remixes and orchestral versions (similar to MK classic music selection code in MK9), which one you prefer?

Eh it's alright.

Personally I would love it if the music in the Green Arrow trailer was in the game. Unfortunatly that isn't the case.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Music seems so bland in that game, it almost physically hurts me considering it's a superhero game. With MK, it's somewhat understandable.

It'd be cool if each character had their own theme that really suited them and they weren't all merely just repeating rock riffs.

Superman's would have heavy trumpets. Batman's would use a lot of low strings with heavy percussion. Wonder Woman's would feature strings and brass together. The Flash's would have lead guitar as well, the lead. Shazam's would use low brass and percussion a lot. Harley's would have a flute melody accompanied by mallet percussion and synth. Solomon Grundy's would have low brass and woodwinds. The Joker's would use woodwinds and percussion. Nightwing's would be mainly synth. Lex Luthor's would have a military feel.

I could go on forever but I'd probably get really musically talking and no one would understand.

Folux182

Noob
Idk these last few trailers have seriously been so awesome and I think a large part of it was the music. I was not too fond of the music in Mk or in the early trailers of IGAU but i've loved the music recently.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
A good soundtrack is nice and all , but sometimes a soundtrack can distract from Gameplay. In Guilty Gear I wanna rock out so much when Millia Rage kicks in with her theme that my mind wanders and I cannot tell you how distracted I get in UMVC3 during some themes. Anything with lyrics distracts me in that game.

As is I'm cool with how the soundtrack is and operates so far.

Good music in games still exists, it's just getting harder to find it these days. MK9 disappointed me with the music, there was only 3 tracks that I remember and liked and the rest I hardly even noticed or cared. Then again MK9 disappointed me with lack of a Motaro boss fight, reducing him to a cameo.....There better be a Motaro boss fight in MK10.

trufenix

bye felicia
Eh it's alright.

Personally I would love it if the music in the Green Arrow trailer was in the game. Unfortunatly that isn't the case.
uh, i'm sure it is. The game has like 18 stages and we've seen maybe 8.

The more important question is are they actually going to release a soundtrack with this one, or at least a half decent in game player for ripping.

uh, i'm sure it is. The game has like 18 stages and we've seen maybe 8.

The more important question is are they actually going to release a soundtrack with this one, or at least a half decent in game player for ripping.
I asked Rigo. He said it's not.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I think this was the only stage in the entire MK series with decent enough BGM to listen to outside the game a few times:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
It doesn't matter what it sounds like, they will probably have a similar audio mix like MK9, and you will never hear the damn music anyway.

I think I liked the song that was playing during the Raven VS Catwoman match.
That was actually very fitting and I wouldn't mind such music during the battle.

The other songs I've heard from Injustice disappoint me a lot. They're good, but they simply don't boost the hype of a fight. A fast paced fighting game or game overall needs hard, fast paced music.

In UMVC3 when Dante joins the fight, shit goes down with his theme.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
The music fits, so it doesnt bother me at all. Really dont know wtf you guys are expecting lol.

I hope as well, that we will be able to some add our own music to the game, but I don't expect that to be the case.
Even though I would like it a lot ... taking out the songs from the stage and putting in my own songs and loop them infinitely.

For that I would use this kind of music: