What's new

Injustice comic series comes to an end today... until 2014.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Now is this only available online, or what? I like to have a physical copy of things I own
You can get physical copies, each physical issue is roughly 3 or 4 of the online issues combined.

I would be surprised if they don't release a single collected volume eventually now that the series is finished.

Injustice Vol.1 or something.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
You can get physical copies, each physical issue is roughly 3 or 4 of the online issues combined.

I would be surprised if they don't release a single collected volume eventually now that the series is finished.

Injustice Vol.1 or something.

That sounds glorious. I'm gonna have to hit a comic book store and pick it up. :D

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Just a quick PSA for anyone who doesn't know:

If you like Superhero comics but have ignored this series up till now because you assumed it would just be a crappy videogame tie in (as I did for the longest time): you're missing out on one of the best books out there right now. Admittedly the art can be questionable at times, but the writing....ye gods among us...the writing. It's easily some of the best the genre has to offer.
This comic is the story that the game should have had.
Didn't the writing have Superman break into a nuclear submarine and uppercut pregnant lois lane into space?

Sounds HELLA dumb.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Damn, just read that last issue... Superman knicking someone else's line from the game was the funniest damn thing.

Didn't the writing have Superman break into a nuclear submarine and uppercut pregnant lois lane into space?

Sounds HELLA dumb.

He did not uppercut pregnant Lois Lane into space. He grabbed her and flew her into orbit along with his unborn child under the influence of kryptonite laced fear toxin, courtesy of the joker, and regained clarity just in time to see her die in the cold vacuum in space. Yeah, the comic is like that.

Also, breaking into a nuclear sub makes sense since that's where she was being held and the radiation shielding blocks his x-ray vision.

Rude

He did not uppercut pregnant Lois Lane into space. He grabbed her and flew her into orbit along with his unborn child under the influence of kryptonite laced fear toxin, courtesy of the joker, and regained clarity just in time to see her die in the cold vacuum in space. Yeah, the comic is like that.

Also, breaking into a nuclear sub makes sense since that's where she was being held and the radiation shielding blocks his x-ray vision.
That sounds silver-age goofy. If you removed everything that made silver age fun.

Rude

That sounds silver-age goofy. If you removed everything that made silver age fun.

What the hell about that is in any way similar to silver-age shenanigans? The only thing in the injustice comic which feels vaguely reminiscent of the silver-age and, by extension, feels out of place and is a little hard to swallow, are the "magic pills" that make you superhuman.
Still...that's an minor pothole in an otherwise fantasticly written story....and the payoff for the pills is honestly worth it by the end.

People really think this comic is good? Damn.
It's GREAT! I'd never have believed a few months ago that this would turn out to be one of my favorite books, but I'll be damned if it isn't so. It's probably my favorite variation on the "superman turns eeeevvvvillleee" storyline out there, because it requires the least amount of "leaps" in logic or character growth that I've seen.
Supes doesn't just wake up after lois' death and decide he's going to rule the world, and the comic doesn't cheat by shooting forward a year or two like Bruce Timm did with the Justice Lords. It shows his entire downward spiral from the moment he decides to be more "proactive"...and its a little disconcerting how *in character* some of the choices made by the characters are at times. It's a great dissection of Superman, Batman, and the importance of the no kill code.

Reedoms

Noob
People really think this comic is good? Damn.
I'm more in it for the sometimes awful art and the hilariously bad dialogue. I mean, that issue with Black Adam was just a goldmine. I was surprised to see that it was Kevin Magquire as the artist for that issue.

Rude

What the hell about that is in any way similar to silver-age shenanigans? The only thing in the injustice comic which feels vaguely reminiscent of the silver-age and, by extension, feels out of place and is a little hard to swallow, are the "magic pills" that make you superhuman.
Still...that's an minor pothole in an otherwise fantasticly written story....and the payoff for the pills is honestly worth it by the end.
A lot, actually. Do some research. Superman having to "kill" Lois Lane was a thing that happened in the silver age. Only it was fun, goofy, and somewhat of a fake-out.

The Injustice story line from its inception is straight retarded. Batman and Superman fight, you guys...sure glad that never happened in the 80's. Oh. Wait.

I'm more in it for the sometimes awful art and the hilariously bad dialogue. I mean, that issue with Black Adam was just a goldmine. I was surprised to see that it was Kevin Magquire as the artist for that issue.

Not sure what you consider to be bad dialogue...but yeah...I really wish the art for this series was even half as good as the writing is. The Black Adam face is rightfully infamous but I actually think a worse offender is probably Batman's face in issue #17. BA's face is hilarious but it doesn't really hurt the emotion of the scene. Same thing can't be said about Batman's face....really kills an otherwise great scene between him and Catwoman.
Given the success of the series I hope they pair Tom Taylor up with a better set of artists for the next run.

A lot, actually. Do some research. Superman having to "kill" Lois Lane was a thing that happened in the silver age. Only it was fun, goofy, and somewhat of a fake-out.
By that logic you could list countless things in comics today that are just like the silver-age...except not "fun", and "goofy". "Fun" and "Goofy" is the defining attribute of the silver-age.

The Injustice story line from its inception is straight retarded. Batman and Superman fight, you guys...sure glad that never happened in the 80's. Oh. Wait.
I find this quite amusing since Batman and Superman don't ever really even "fight" in the series. In fact, issue #35 was something of a dissection of their infamous fight in The Dark Knight Returns.

Rude

By that logic you could list countless things in comics today that are just like the silver-age...except not "fun", and "goofy". "Fun" and "Goofy" is the defining attribute of the silver-age.

I find this quite amusing since Batman and Superman don't ever really even "fight" in the series. In fact, issue #35 was something of a dissection of their infamous fight in The Dark Knight Returns.
Are they adversarial towards one another/in opposition? Yes.

Even the writer said that he wants to "break up" the world's finest. Which is basically what every writer that's ever touched the Superman/Batman relationship has done or alluded to since Dark Knight Returns. It's old.

Are they adversarial towards one another/in opposition? Yes.

Even the writer said that he wants to "break up" the world's finest. Which is basically what every writer that's ever touched the Superman/Batman relationship has done or alluded to since Dark Knight Returns. It's old.

Lol, would you prefer we go back to the days when they were the bossom buddies then?

Edit: and actually, its worth mentioning that some of the better moments in injustice are when the small bits of unlikely friendship/resepect shine through in spite of themselves.

Spoilers:
Like Batman's surprise excitement when Clark asks him to be the godfather of his son, or when Superman deflects Batman's criticism towards his new peacekeeping approach telling him he'd do the same thing and Bruce tells him (paraphrasing): "I'm not saying I would do it any differently if I had the power you do...but you're not me Clark. You're a better man."

I for one woud love to see Clark and Bruce go back to being friends. Hate this forced animosity.

Meh, Frank Miller might be nuttier than a peanut butter cup but he definitely got this one right. These two characters have fundamentally opposing philosophies that define their core beings. They might have respect and even admiration to an extent for one another, but they would not be able to stand one another outside of small doses.