What's new

Question In need of some good advice.

booivi

Good Game :)
First of all im on my phone so im going to type as simple as possible. Okay so what's shazam's best air to air attack? And also what's his best anti-air? I want to know you people's (shazam's Mainers) opinion and why, dont just say "b2", id like a little explanation of why and how it works. I'd also like to know how you deal with projectiles, zoners, and what you usually do at far distance..Let's all share our strategies to keep the shazam community standing. Thanks.

NMISM-Grinch

Skrull Queen Pleaser
i'll try to answer as many of these as possible, but i'm at work.

1-his best air to air IMO is his jumping 2, but it's not quite as fast as i'd like, so you have to be pretty quick on the trigger.
2-best anti air, "best defense, no be there"-Mr. Miagi, i've yet to find a consistant AA when on the ground.
3-Projectiles i'll either take the chip for opportunity to move forward, or teleport through them whenever possible.
4-It kinda varies zoner to zoner how you handle it as each opponent has different options. For example, against Sinestro, ducking is NEVER a good idea when you are trying to get into range, but when playing against Frost, you almost always have to duck when getting in. Also will vary on what I do full screen on non-zoning characters, sometimes i'll chuck some lightning, sometmies i teleport like a madman to gain meter. Other times i'll close the distance if I like the matchup.

hope that helps some, these are of course, just my opinions :)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
i'll try to answer as many of these as possible, but i'm at work.

1-his best air to air IMO is his jumping 2, but it's not quite as fast as i'd like, so you have to be pretty quick on the trigger.
Dude...you do know that Shazam's Aerial 2 can hit a standing opponent as he jumps up and can combo when he lands right? Not a lot of characters can do that. If that's not fast, I don't know what is.

NMISM-Grinch

Skrull Queen Pleaser
Dude...you do know that Shazam's Aerial 2 can hit a standing opponent as he jumps up and can combo when he lands right? Not a lot of characters can do that. If that's not fast, I don't know what is.
let me try to clarify, as you are preaching to the choir...if i'm not fast enough on the air to air 2(like when i'm trying to react to their air move), i lose to lots of bats and nightwings w/ what i'm assuming is their air 2(it looks really similar to Billy's), as their's is pretty damn quick. That's all I was saying. It's a great move overall, you can j2, interactable, or j2, j2, interactable, pretty cool stuff!

booivi

Good Game :)
What's the best follow up after an air to air? Assume I'm using 2 as my air to air. Anyone?

Li1mightymouse

super-squishii
What's the best follow up after an air to air? Assume I'm using 2 as my air to air. Anyone?
Lately for air to air I've been using j2 followed immediately by HM[mb] into full combo. Basically the same set up I've seen EGP wonderchef use a lot. It's been working out fairly well for me.