What's new

Tech - Impostor Impostor vs Reptile setups

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Hi everyone. I dropped Impostor for a few months but lately I've been picking him up.

Anyways I made this video but I realised I rambled on for almost 10 minutes so I'll give you a breakdown in text. This might be known but I have never seen it used.

Midscreen:
You want them to respect your options and not go for EX Slide. Here's how to impose your will:

Your overhead option is really good. B3, F224, Forceball (19%) is safe whether they tech roll or not. If they decide to tech roll anyway you get a F224, Shoulder forcing them to land on the forceball, giving you time to NJP f3 mimicry (36%).

Your low option is F4 hellsparks (MB last one) dash njp, slightly delayed b1 into forceball (31%)
If they don't tech roll you can punish EX slide. If they do tech roll and you time it correctly you will eat 8% from their slide BUT they'll eat the forceball (7%). Essentially they lose a bar for 1% trade in their favor. You CAN tech roll and wake up shoulder for 11 or 17% (depending on if both hits connect) but the timing is weird so sometimes you won't hit at all making the risk reward not really worth it. They forceball launches them so you get oki even if you are knocked down by the slide.

Now if they start respecting you going for a run in 50/50, IATP (landing on the same side is pretty safe as the forceball will protect you) or just pressure is great. Going for a throw opens up for 9% unblockable damage. If you time it right and they tech you can convert to 19% into restand (112 db1).

Corner:
F2 is the only link I've found into raw forceball and that's only gonna work from a punish (f2 forceball, back up, d2, 112 db1 - 33%).

F4 HS (Mb first hit) forceball, back up, d2, 112, db1 is 34% but a bit tight. Skipping the d2 is 27%

B3, s4, HS (MB first hit) forceball, back up, 112, db1 is 35%
B3, s4, HS (MB first hit) forceball, back up, d2, 112, bf3 is 45% but no restand.

Help me tag Shinnoks as I don't know any, anymore. Except @cR WoundCowboy

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
nice finds, I labbed this MU too a while ago and after the f224xxForceBall, if the enemy respects you a lot, you can run in and go for a special 50/50:
f4xxHLs (the enemy will drop on the force ball) and full combo. (I think you can do this one after a instant teleport in front too)
b3 (the enemy will drop on the force ball) and full combo.

plus shinnok gets vortex in the corner. I like this MU.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
nice finds, I labbed this MU too a while ago and after the f224xxForceBall, if the enemy respects you a lot, you can run in and go for a special 50/50:
f4xxHLs (the enemy will drop on the force ball) and full combo. (I think you can do this one after a instant teleport in front too)
b3 (the enemy will drop on the force ball) and full combo.

plus shinnok gets vortex in the corner. I like this MU.
F224 forceball doesn't work raw though but after b3. What's HL?

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Yeah this is exactly how to handle the Reptile MU. Just constant force ball set-ups, good show on posting this!

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
The only other dirt I know in this MU is if you're playing either a noob/super respectful opponent. Basically if you throw out a full screen forceball and somehow land a grab, the force ball hit's and you can spend 2 bars to confirm with wake-up EX Hell Sparks. After that you can land mimicry and like throw or go for chip or something. It's honestly a stupid amount of unbreakable damage, but it's one of those things where you're like "Why would I ever do that?"

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
So after mimicry do you have enough time to walk back, shoot the forceball, then run up and do either raw f4 or b3? Timing it so the forceball hits right after the f4 so that it combos into it? I know reptile can do this with his b3 if he has a forceball on screen.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
The only other dirt I know in this MU is if you're playing either a noob/super respectful opponent. Basically if you throw out a full screen forceball and somehow land a grab, the force ball hit's and you can spend 2 bars to confirm with wake-up EX Hell Sparks. After that you can land mimicry and like throw or go for chip or something. It's honestly a stupid amount of unbreakable damage, but it's one of those things where you're like "Why would I ever do that?"
You can make both f4 and B3 safe if you time it right, allowing for safe 50/50 and meterless conversion off of f4

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
So after mimicry do you have enough time to walk back, shoot the forceball, then run up and do either raw f4 or b3? Timing it so the forceball hits right after the f4 so that it combos into it? I know reptile can do this with his b3 if he has a forceball on screen.
yes but the timing differs depending on if they tech

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
Some nice stuff, I remember finding some armor break set ups but I haven't revisited them. Will post them when I get a chance.

Also, another tight link combo is B3, 312~Hell Sparks (MB 1st HS), Forceball, D2, s1~Mimicry