What's new

Importing/Region Lock

All, I'm looking to import Injustice Collector's Editions from Amazon UK for both the Xbox 360, and PS3 (primarily for the statues and steelbooks).
As this would be the first time I've imported any game during this console cycle, I was hoping someone here would be able to assist me in identifying whether or not I'd be able to play imported UK copies of the game on my American systems (I live here in America; Virginia to be exact).
For now, I'll just assume I won't be able to redeem the included New 52 skins on my consoles.
Does anyone know if UK copies of Injustice will be able to played on an American Xbox 360 and/or American PS3?
Also, if I would be able to play these games, would I be able to play other people in the North American region, or would I be playing on UK servers?
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I've tried a thread title search for 'Import' and 'Region Lock,' with nothing coming up, and I figured if anyone would know, or have any idea, it would be the MK community directly.
Thank you for your time.
I appreciate any assistance provided.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
All, I'm looking to import Injustice Collector's Editions from Amazon UK for both the Xbox 360, and PS3 (primarily for the statues and steelbooks).
As this would be the first time I've imported any game during this console cycle, I was hoping someone here would be able to assist me in identifying whether or not I'd be able to play imported UK copies of the game on my American systems (I live here in America; Virginia to be exact).
For now, I'll just assume I won't be able to redeem the included New 52 skins on my consoles.
Does anyone know if UK copies of Injustice will be able to played on an American Xbox 360 and/or American PS3?
Also, if I would be able to play these games, would I be able to play other people in the North American region, or would I be playing on UK servers?
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I've tried a thread title search for 'Import' and 'Region Lock,' with nothing coming up, and I figured if anyone would know, or have any idea, it would be the MK community directly.
Thank you for your time.
I appreciate any assistance provided.
if you put a eu copy of the game in a your console,you'll be playing on the eu servers.
if injustice is like MK xbox wont be region locked and ps3 will, which sucks.
always meant to get around to getting a us copy of mk9 :(

if you put a eu copy of the game in a your console,you'll be playing on the eu servers.
if injustice is like MK xbox wont be region locked and ps3 will, which sucks.
always meant to get around to getting a us copy of mk9 :(
But that's not what I wanted to hear, damn it. Lol.
I kind of thought the games wouldn't function the way I wanted them to completely.
Was still holding out hope, though.
Figured I could sell the New 52 codes on Ebay, but looks like I'll be stuck with two disc paperweights I won't be able to sell if I go through with this, since I want to keep the steelbook cases.
Really wish the UK Collector's Edition was being offered in all territories, but oh well.
Thank you for the quick reply.

Victormaru

Beyond
I'm planning on grabbing a Japanese import for the PlayStation 3 when it releases on June 6th just so I could play with the Japanese voices, lol. It's so weird seeing the DC characters speak Japanese but it's funny at the same time. Feels like I'm playing Street Fighter.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Holy shit man. The Japanese trailer is hilarious as fuck. It's like watching a crappy dub of a Kung Fu movie in reverse.