What's new

Question I'm having trouble with trait

Shawi

Noob
For some reason, i don't know if this is known or not, but why does the trait not 'work' until a second after I activate it. So if I get frozen and activate my trait just before I get hit, the trait doesn't work. Is this supposed to happen? Like I have to be hit a good second after I activate it for it to work.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I was confused on how to use the trait myself, but I think I got it down now. You've got to be sure you have the trait active before you're hit by an attack that can launch you, and even so, you must block at the correct height depending on the attack. For example, Killer Frost's slide is about to launch you and your trait is active...if you hold crouch-block, the slide gets blocked.

Don't take my word to heart, though, I've just recently taken on Aquaman as a main around the EVO weekend.

When you're about to get punished for anything, just fucking throw out the trait. :)

Shawi

Noob
Ah so basically if I activate just before I get hit, it won't work because it needs time to reduce the hit stun and allow me to block?

If so, I strongly think that he loses his place in the tier list.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Ah so basically if I activate just before I get hit, it won't work because it needs time to reduce the hit stun and allow me to block?

No he is quite fine on the tier list lol. You just have to activate your trait at the right time.

Shawi

Noob
No he is quite fine on the tier list lol. You just have to activate your trait at the right time.
Well I play the GA matchup quite a lot, and I cant seem to trait in-between my mates point blank d1 ice arrow and a b3 launcher. It only seems to work if the d1 ice arrow comes after a ji3, which leaves a little distance between me and him once i'm frozen.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Well I play the GA matchup quite a lot, and I cant seem to trait in-between my mates point blank d1 ice arrow and a b3 launcher. It only seems to work if the d1 ice arrow comes after a ji3, which leaves a little distance between me and him once i'm frozen.
Well if you trait after you get hit by d1, you probably aren't going to react in time, and will be hit by the arrow before you activate. So you need to preemptively activate in those situations. Also... who cares? Green arrow does no damage anyway, and aquaman pretty much controls that match the whole time. It is in AM favor for sure, but trait isnt a big factor.Its because of b1, ground trident, d2 beating j3, etc. The trait is more important in matches like, flash, catwoman, nightwing, batman, etc.

Shawi

Noob
wow, do you know GA's mixups! Its is mixup heaven. If I don't wakeup, I need to block a mixup, which can be, low, overhead, overhead low, overhead overhead, mid low, mid overhead, overhead low overhead overhead, overhead low overhead low or overhead low low. Guess wrong and that is a second 25% combo = 50%. The trait, when I get it right, completely gets me out of the mixup, I was just wondering why it didn't let me block a b3 after I get frozen but oh well.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
wow, do you know GA's mixups! Its is mixup heaven. If I don't wakeup, I need to block a mixup, which can be, low, overhead, overhead low, overhead overhead, mid low, mid overhead, overhead low overhead overhead, overhead low overhead low or overhead low low. Guess wrong and that is a second 25% combo = 50%. The trait, when I get it right, completely gets me out of the mixup, I was just wondering why it didn't let me block a b3 after I get frozen but oh well.
Yes I fight green arrow everyday, I know what he is capable of. A lot of his mixups are fuzziable or interuptable. But thats not what this is about. If you use the trait preemptively you will get out then...

Zenrot

Noob
It takes time to get you out. If you want to get out of a b3 after freeze, you need to trait before you get frozen.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot

AM is the strongest character in the game, next to SM.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk