What's new

If you main with reptile who is your back up? Need suggest.

sLeeK

Noob
I am really curious because as of right now I can't decide who to fall back on for an alt. and I need some suggestions. I don't know whether to pick someone who teleports or someone who has a good rush down.

One more question what is the best way to counter an aggressive player with reptile. Aggressive players always give me a run for my money and I find it difficult to pull off big combos when they are always jumping around/in my face, kung lao especially..

Appreciate the feed back.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I use Johnny Cage as my secondary. He covers a lot of Reptile's bad match ups IMO, and hes pretty damn fun to use.
I know a lot of people use sub with reptile too, so I'd suggest looking into that.

Here is the main thing, you need to determine who fits your personal style of play, myself and many other reptiles sub with sektor, however alot of people (thanks to tylerlantern) sub with sub-zero, i do this sometimes, sub zero is tangible against almost anyone in the line up, clone is beast against telespammers and aggressors alike. but if you are looking to offset reptile, use someone that has a teleport to avoid being zoned to hell. just remember use who works for YOU not the other guy!

TrickyNick

Weather Man
I use sub-zero and more recently noob saibot as alt...

If u feel like u are being rushed down to much subs ice clones will make someone think twice about blindly rushing you, and to me this move alone makes sub one of the more strategic fighters, i love canceling out combos to a clone and seeing the typical rushdown online player jump right in to it after block

Noob because i love his new buffs and was very surprised with the new setups and combos he can pull off...plus he is one of the best zone characters in the game and of course he has a tele

But pick what feels right to you:) and i wouldn't rule out Nightwolf neither

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Sektor primarily, but I also use SZ on occasion. Seems to be the norm with Reptile players.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Well, characters that shut down projectile options are pretty hard for Reptile most of the time, so I generally tried to chose someone who isn't based on that.

I find Sonya is perfect so far.

My backup is Baraka, but he's really not that good imo...I always feel like I'm fighting with one hand behind my back when I use him. Against characters with a good zoning game, he's even more free than Cage, except he's usually at a disadvantage when he gets in, too. Thinking of picking up Sheeva and/or Skarlet though.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I might be weird here but I just rock Reptile. But if I had to say who I use as a 2nd character it would be Sub.

lately i've been using ermac with my reptile, i find i can take pretty much any combination of opponents with these 2, but also still heavily use sub zero with him