What's new

If Reptile Could Teleport Punch...

I want Kabal to have a slide using his ducking HK animation. Would that make him better than Human smoke? >.>

But srsly, I think he'd take Kano's spot.. but the top three would probably stay the same. Sometimes I wonder why Kung Lao is't number two.. I fuckin hate him.. :evil:

TheRedPsychosis said:
I want Kabal to have a slide using his ducking HK animation. Would that make him better than Human smoke? >.>

But srsly, I think he'd take Kano's spot.. but the top three would probably stay the same. Sometimes I wonder why Kung Lao is't number two.. I fuckin hate him.. :evil:
first off kabal is already better then human smoke, take a look at tier list,

and also wat combo would reptile even use a TP for i don't get why he would want one

Derek

Noob
It's useful for escaping traps. I usually use the teleport as a defensive move. Since Reptile lacks a teleport it's pretty easy(except on Shock, fucker) to get bogged down and trapped because he lacks an escape move. No, I do not believe the force ball works as an escape move or at least on XBL where the three most common characters picked are R. Smoke, H. Smoke, and U. Sub-Zero. I do believe that if Reptile had a teleport he'd be fourth instead of Kano. However if Kano had a real containment move even if Reptile had a teleport Kano would still be better.

ded

Elder God
its very hard to trap reptile because you have to move close to him, and if that is a good reptile player it would be almost imossible (unless you are teleporter)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Reptile's elbow dash is technically a teleport. You can use it in a certain manner, however, it's blockable and can get him into trouble. Think about Kung's teleport, you can attack with it, but it's always punishable, Sheeva's teleport is an attack, punishable, Cyrax isn't an attack, very dangerous no move teleport and of course teleport punches and uppercuts. Quick relocation moves. If you use Reptile's dash on an airborn opponent, it doesn't attack or do damage, but it's a lot faster than run and very safe. Say vs a turtling Sub-zero who does an air freeze after combo, no matter which one he does, Reptile is safe using the dash on site of the hands going up, and it's a free combo because it doesn't go into elbow mode, into infinite or at least 51% vs Sub in a reasonable scenario. I have been seeing players from this site use that technique lately, and I even tried it against abc I think the other night to see if he would and he did. Very proud. =)

Derek

Noob
ded_ said:
its very hard to trap reptile because you have to move close to him, and if that is a good reptile player it would be almost imossible (unless you are teleporter)
That's my problem. I can combo with Reptile, but that's not even half of the game. There are plenty of people out there who can combo but completely suck at the game. Reptile is very difficult to use and takes a lot of effort to learn. That's probably why there are so few good Reptile players. By that I mean, there are good players who can pick Reptile and then there are good Reptile players.

ilovepoop said:
TheRedPsychosis said:

first off kabal is already better then human smoke, take a look at tier list,

and also wat combo would reptile even use a TP for i don't get why he would want one
I was only kidding man..

If Reptile had that move it would give MK runners a really dominant character that would be a headache for turtlers like me to face off against.