What's new

Question - Dragons Fire IAFB's days are numbered?

I'm beginning to realize how great chain IAFBs are. I'm pretty sure LK mains will have mastered this by the next Evo. Once people see its perfect execution, I can only imagine how much crying there will be over it. But it's such a high level move, combined with solid FBRC execution, and the right strategy for DF, that I think it'll piss off this community pretty badly if it ever gets nerfed.

What are your thoughts? Is IAFB's days numbered? Is it only a matter of time? Should NRS leave it alone?

I'm beginning to realize how great chain IAFBs are. I'm pretty sure LK mains will have mastered this by the next Evo. Once people see its perfect execution, I can only imagine how much crying there will be over it. But it's such a high level move, combined with solid FBRC execution, and the right strategy for DF, that I think it'll piss off this community pretty badly if it ever gets nerfed.

What are your thoughts? Is IAFB's days numbered? Is it only a matter of time? Should NRS leave it alone?
Oh dear, you're just making it easy for them now. Watch as the nerf liu movement comes out ! Well before that happens, there is nothing particularly OP about his iafb. Execution aside characters like Mileena, Kitana, and Ermac have instant air horizontal projectiles with various different properties. Not to mention, nearly all of the cast in some variation has insant air something--dive kick, teleport, diagonal projectiles etc. Seems perfectly balanced to me.

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains
A lot of the liu mains can already do this. We have for awhile. And it's already been showcased. Hitbox godspeed did a 4 iafb corner combo on stream at a tournament a while ago and the crowd loved it because everyone knows the execution level of it

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
They'll most likely stay. IAFBs have been a thing since MK9 and they were in Injustice ruining characters like Lex so to answer your question, no they won't be changed.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I hope they don't nerf this. I think its hype as h3!! whenever someone can use them to combo effectively.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Any tips on how to do instant air fireballs any one can give?
It's easier to use input shortcuts for me.

Hit up, and then up-back (diagonal), then toward+1. I do the motion as a single fast movement. I play on stick, so maybe that helps? The important thing is to get the toward command super clean, in my experience. Getting a diagonal at the end tends to make the fireball not come out.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
These actually take skill, time & effort to get down unlike some characters that have a stupid 50\50 into massive damage. So even tho I can't do them, if they get nerfed I will be pissed of & personally call to Boons house & hit him a kick in the balls.

This wasn't a "nerf IAFBs" thread, just wanted to know where we stood on it.

If you guys are having problems doing them, it's actually e-z once you learn the speed. I can do them consistently on a PS4 pad and FC4 pad so it's not really a controller issue.

All you gotta do is practice your BF1 input over and over again and make sure it's clean as fuck and lightning fast (1 must always come after the F, common issue). Just hold guard, practice it, and watch your input log for any issues. It's really just about speed.

These actually take skill, time & effort to get down unlike some characters that have a stupid 50\50 into massive damage. So even tho I can't do them, if they get nerfed I will be pissed of & personally call to Boons house & hit him a kick in the balls.
omg, dude, if they get nerfed, you'll be targeting the wrong guy!
If you guys are having problems doing them, it's actually e-z once you learn the speed. I can do them consistently on a PS4 pad and FC4 pad so it's not really a controller issue.

All you gotta do is practice your BF1 input over and over again and make sure it's clean as fuck and lightning fast (1 must always come after the F, common issue). Just hold guard, practice it, and watch your input log for any issues. It's really just about speed.
Don't forget that thumbs play a factor here. How big or slender are one's thumbs?