What's new

Question IAF w/ Arcade Stick

Shyguy

Ol_Jibbs
Did a forum search and couldnt find my answer anywhere.

Is instant air fan possible with an arcade stick? I don't have much problem doing them with the pad but can't seem to perform on the stick. Anyone have any tips/tricks?

It's easier on stick than it is on pad for me.....

It depends, are you barely getting used to an arcade stick?

I generally do a really quick 3/4 circle with my stick... so, assuming you're on the left of screen: U, L, D, R, 1. I agree it takes some practise moving from pad to stick but its all about timing as well. You'll start to feel when the stick should make that clicking at each point and the milliseconds in between.

What sort of stick do you have? What sort of gate does it have?

Shyguy

Ol_Jibbs
PDP stick with original mortal kombat stuff on it. I've been using it on and off for 2 weeks, so still getting used to it. I'll keep trying :)

The best thing you can do is to never touch a pad whilst playing fighting games. If you do that, you will always feel more comfortable with a pad. Try to avoid a pad at all costs.

The best thing you can do is to never touch a pad whilst playing fighting games. If you do that, you will always feel more comfortable with a pad. Try to avoid a pad at all costs.
I disagree. I started with a pad in MK9 because that's what I was used to. I decided to buy a MadCatz TE and now whenever I use a pad I can hardly complete a combo. The second I move back to the stick it's all just natural again. I just cannot use a pad at all anymore.. no matter how hard I try.

..and I'm trying, because I have MK9 on the Vita.. it's so difficult!

I disagree. I started with a pad in MK9 because that's what I was used to. I decided to buy a MadCatz TE and now whenever I use a pad I can hardly complete a combo. The second I move back to the stick it's all just natural again. I just cannot use a pad at all anymore.. no matter how hard I try.

..and I'm trying, because I have MK9 on the Vita.. it's so difficult!
That's what I just said............

Oh, and that's the reason why I'm not getting a Vita lol, up to now, there is no way you can use a stick with it.

I dare not use a pad again.