What's new

iAB to escape corner?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I tried this online just now against someone who had me in the corner, unfortunately I'm having trouble doing the iAB. Does anyone know how viable this actually if for Ermac to escape the corner?

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
If they are rushing you down yes. It can turn the position war in your favor if I catch them too. Iafb to throw.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If they are rushing you down yes. It can turn the position war in your favor if I catch them too. Iafb to throw.
I'm talking about being in the corner right beside you with constant pressure.

I started playing Ermac again... it's nice. :)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It's a coinflip, depending on A) which character you're fighting and their susceptibility to it/ability to punish it, and B) whether you're trying to hit the opponent/hit them on block to buy time for a D4 and get out of corner dodge, or whiff it at top height to avoid a projectile or special and come down in time to escape or punish.

Definitely viable, but not at all/way too risky against certain characters.

Wish I had the means to better test it, but I'm gonna try and gather facts for it & find out

I started playing Ermac again... it's nice. :)

It so is :D.

zaf

professor
Viable but risky. Try u4 as well ad it hops over some pokes.

Psn or xbla ?
Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Viable but risky. Try u4 as well ad it hops over some pokes.

Psn or xbla ?
Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk
imo u4 is way too slow... we're talking like the quickest attack to get the hell out. I mean I say see u4 working in some cases, but I guess it has its similar scenarios to iAB.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
D3,D4,D1. Ofc that is if the opponent isnt +f with the moves he uses.U4 is very slow and can be poked out on reaction in close range. It is extremely risky in the corner cause the opponent will be invited for a free corner combo. Also you can be crossed up and be punished with a full combo as well. Best defence when in corner imo are his pokes. Ermac's d4 and d3 are two of the best in the game imo. Other than that you just have to be patient. IAB is a good thought but it requires extreme timing and execution.