What's new

I want johnny as a 2nd main mix ups please?

IIAvirus

Banned
I would also like to know a good mid screen combo besides his 12f1 shadow kick to force people to use breaker I pretty much got his corner combos just having a hard time mixing up things every time i 21f2 string i get poked help anyone I kno this charcter has potential any help would be greatly appreciated also looking for good rush down mix ups?

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
You should read the Guide by Tom Brady, it's stickied. Answers a lot of questions.

Midscreen, I don't think Cage can do big combos. You need to rely on his inclose fighting speed, fast frame advantage pokes, to apply pressure.
I can only do about 30% with Pop Up (B+FK) or Axe Kick (F+BK), dash, BP, FP, F+BP, dash, BK, BK, Flip Kick or E Flip Kick if I need the damage.

However, strategically, you need to give up a bit of damage and end your combos with the nut punch - to remove your opponent's wakeup options.
So, something like: BP, FP, F+BP, dash, F+FK, Nut punch or BP, FP, F+BP, dash, BK, BK, E Nut punch.

Not really sure about his mixups. I wouldn't consider him mixup heavy.

The launcher combo is your mixup. When BP, FP is blocked (leaving you at -2 frames on block) you can:
a) perform another block string like another BP, FP or possibly throw; or
b) F+BP to launch (if they counter attack the BP, FP or try to jump out)
c) B+BK ender - its a different string ender that hits low. Works on those that block standing in fear of the F+BP launcher overhead. I think you get rewarded with a stagger state on hit so you can dash in for more pressure.

If you think they will counter attack after blocking BP, FP then your answer is F+BP to launch them. If you think they won't counter, stop the combo, and continue other pressure. Note: They can jump out for free after blocking BP, FP if you don't F+BP launch them.