What's new

I think Reptile will be on the rise again soon.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
What're your guys thoughts on 1221 F2 slide/EX fast FB? Chris G is really the only Reptile player I see who uses it commonly but it's rather effective for him. In theory, 122 slide/1 is a 50/50.

edit: technically 12 slide/2 is a 50/50 as well.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
What're your guys thoughts on 1221 F2 slide/EX fast FB? Chris G is really the only Reptile player I see who uses it commonly but it's rather effective for him. In theory, 122 slide/1 is a 50/50.

edit: technically 12 slide/2 is a 50/50 as well.
Yep thats why his Reptile still destroys. He rarely uses the 321 string. Its all about 1221 mix ups. When you guess wrong with him you eat 40%, when you guess wrong after a 321 finisher the most you'll eat is 12%. 1221 is completely safe.

For Reptile to get back into the top 5 his dash should be a true medium hit and hit people blocking low and f2 should be a medium hit. Pisses me off that in 122 it hits medium but when you throw it out there in his "dead zone" it hits high. I also wish slide was untechable like SZ.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yep thats why his Reptile still destroys. He rarely uses the 321 string. Its all about 1221 mix ups. When you guess wrong with him you eat 40%, when you guess wrong after a 321 finisher the most you'll eat is 12%. 1221 is completely safe.

For Reptile to get back into the top 5 his dash should be a true medium hit and hit people blocking low and f2 should be a medium hit. Pisses me off that in 122 it hits medium but when you throw it out there in his "dead zone" it hits high. I also wish slide was untechable like SZ.
Yeah, I don't get the point of F2 hitting high. F2 b1 is effective in the corner but realistically why should't you be able to get a F2 slide/ex fast FB out of it midscreen like 1221? He's still gotta use meter to get big damage out of that.

I, personally, have nothing against elbow dash hitting mid but you know that it'd just result in him getting hit repeatedly with the nerf bat due to the online warriors.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Yeah, I don't get the point of F2 hitting high. F2 b1 is effective in the corner but realistically why should't you be able to get a F2 slide/ex fast FB out of it midscreen like 1221? He's still gotta use meter to get big damage out of that.

I, personally, have nothing against elbow dash hitting mid but you know that it'd just result in him getting hit repeatedly with the nerf bat due to the online warriors.
Fuck the online warriors, seriously. I just don't get how some characters have virtually no weakness, they can control the air, be beasts in your face and from full screen, have resets and crazy AA but the only buff we got was armor on slide that still doesn't reach full screen. The fastest characters all have strings that are + on block or hit, moves that stagger but Reptile has dash so he lacks all those tools lol. Dash isn't even a wake up with any invincibility and can be poked out lol. Shit even his acid spit pretty much sucks as the recovery on it makes it a horrible trade or leads to getting destroyed by teleporters on reaction.

If forceball frame wise was 18 frames like enhanced and enhanced was closer to 13 he'd have an AA game as most of his normals wouldn't have trouble linking without using meter and then enhanced could be used on reaction to jump ins. Those would be the buffs I'd want.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reptile's not gonna be top tier anytime soon. Me and Chris managing to beat 2 really good Kabal players says nothing more than we just played better in said matches. Fun fact, we both got beat pretty bad after playing vs Kabals lol.

The latest wave of new stuff for him, as well as the heavily unexplored aspect of invisibility (I've been in the lab with invisibility...even regular is much bigger than a lot of people realize. :confused:) will probably be Reptile's ticket to rising, but it's highly doubtful he'll make it that far up. He has too many inherent weaknesses that give him enough bad matchups vs the wrong characters to send him down to no better than upper tier.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I have always loved Reptile. I have not been playing mk that much since other games have come out, but he will always be my main man. I need to get back on it and start again. So yes, he will be on the rise again because I will bring about the Reptile Warrior Revolution (RWR). Haha!!!! JK, but seriously. ;)

sLeeK

Noob
rep will always be top.

watch recent tourney footage of rep pros chris g & thtb

chrigs g runs through reo kabal

thtb runs through master d kabal

rep is a force to be reckoned with

cheers
Do you have a link to those fights?? I have been missing out on a lot of high caliber play due to work/drama -_-

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I have always loved Reptile. I have not been playing mk that much since other games have come out, but he will always be my main man. I need to get back on it and start again. So yes, he will be on the rise again because I will bring about the Reptile Warrior Revolution (RWR). Haha!!!! JK, but seriously. ;)
I will be supporting this movement with all my heart and also provide funding for whatever is necessary.