What's new

I think I may be done...

I may be off here but it could be your hori fight commander. Is that the controller by the way?? Can't remember what they called the stick. If its a controller thats what i use to play with all through MKX and I also had issues with the inputs, specifically back forward moves. It was a huge headache as i played nimble reptile. I had the PS4 hori fight pad with a xbone converter and when i switched back to just a regular Xbone controller it was like night and day. Back, forward inputs were no longer a problem whatsoever. I really cannot shit on the D pad of the hori fight pad enough, back forward seems to not come out half the time. I would try the regular ps4 controller and see if it makes a difference after you get a lil use to it. If you have the option to try a regular old xbone controller i would highly recommend it. The wear and tear isn't the best but IMO the d pad absolutely is.

Anyway, disregard this if your using stick. But hope this helps man, very frustrating problem to have.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
  1. Place a glass whisky in the freezer
  2. Take it out in about 20 minutes
  3. Add some JD single Barrel (1/4) i would.
  4. Add couple stones whisky , opt. Add a bit cocke
Take a good sit, fire up your fave jogging playlist
Put on something comfortable and give it a go. Take a sip, and "you go boi!"

If you are under age, I can't help.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Sounds like you might need to just clean your inputs up. Way back in MK9, I had a problem where I’d rush my inputs out, which would cause me to drop some things or hit an errant button in some critical moments.

Focus on slowing your inputs, and really making sure that the motions are clean. I think we’ve all been through this a some point when we were starting out.

P.S. Back-forward special motions suck on the pad. I switched to just tapping them out because it’s reliable.

Last edited:

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
My advice would be to go in practice mode do your hardest kombo 5 to ten times dropped or not dropped then look at your hand position i find with my big hands i keep having to move my left hand back down otherwise it looks like im playing with a claw and do BUF instead of BF inputs try it !

I duno what the issue is, i go online and I drop combos, I cant do simple back,forward moves.
The game is one of the clunkiest that these devs have released. There is definitely an issue with the consistency and "flow" combos -- esp. between Practice and competitive modes.

mrapchem

Noob
Also, a good idea is either to:

A. Set the computer AI to Medium or Hard in Practice mode and literally fight against them, practicing your combos or
B. Fight the AI on Hard in Multiplayer to practice your combos also

In either case, this will help you get used to doing your combos in actual matches so that the combos become automatic from your fingers, rather than something that you have to think about while in a match. That way, when you fight people online, you'll notice less combo drops and you'll get those back-forward motions far more often.