What's new

I need help in this matchup

I really struggle against Black adam, doomsday, and supernam. How do I get out of f23 breath pressure with Nw? How do I play the doomsday matchup? Do I really have to chase black Adam?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Ikr, I hate Supernam too...
:DOGE
I'm sorry, that was pretty Dicky.

Vs Doomsday, the main thing to note is probably that you can't let him wakeup for free. As soon as you start respecting his wakeups you've lost. 113 beats all of Doomsday's wakeups, except for Up Venom, which is invincible, but easily punishable. Doomsday also finds it hard to deal with ground pound pressure, so pound the hell out of him. Make sure you punish venom, and if you can, try to space yourself so that you can MBB/F3 MB Venom on reaction, and naturally you have to be punishing any random sky dives or whatever you call them lol. I prefer staff in this MU because once you block Earth-shake you're in the perfect range for more 1 xx Ground Pound pressure. I guess the rest of this MU comes down to a solid defence

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
on a good read, you can 113(escrima) superman out of his f23 pressure, but if he decides not to continue pressure, you'll get whiff punished more than likely. respect supermans wake up, because if he does wake up, 9/10 you get a free punish. i use escrima in this match up mostly just because of the mobility. also, ground spark goes under straight laser so it's good to keep him checked while on the ground.

as for black adam, jump back normals (staff) is very strong in this match up, because it can catch dive kicks and make the BA player scared to approach that way. also, ground pound pressure kinda sucks for black adam, so abuse it to keep him grounded. one thing to note is since hes a tall character, a lot of the time flip kick will not cross up on him if he is standing and holding back, for this reason, i try to just play in staff.

@HeroesNZ nailed it on the head for DD so yeah.. there ya go buddy :D

on a good read, you can 113(escrima) superman out of his f23 pressure, but if he decides not to continue pressure, you'll get whiff punished more than likely. respect supermans wake up, because if he does wake up, 9/10 you get a free punish. i use escrima in this match up mostly just because of the mobility. also, ground spark goes under straight laser so it's good to keep him checked while on the ground.

as for black adam, jump back normals (staff) is very strong in this match up, because it can catch dive kicks and make the BA player scared to approach that way. also, ground pound pressure kinda sucks for black adam, so abuse it to keep him grounded. one thing to note is since hes a tall character, a lot of the time flip kick will not cross up on him if he is standing and holding back, for this reason, i try to just play in staff.

@HeroesNZ nailed it on the head for DD so yeah.. there ya go buddy :D
But what can I do about F23breath?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Mhm... okay. Thanks alot man I needed it. I pretty much Lost matches to that
You get a free d1 in staff after all his pressure unless you are stuck in the corner. in escrima I like to back dash away so I can get into staff. I also check with d12 to keep him from approaching on the ground. If the last 2 hits you get a safe jump setup or a combo if you hit confirm. Just space yourself around f23 well and you can punish him for it if you are smart.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Against Black adam I like to keep him out with Staff most of the time. I don't chase him that much but instead make him come to me through dive kick. Really work on your defense so you don't give him free damage of trait cancels and throws. Staff our ranges everything he has so use it well and watch out for MB dive kick.

MB dive kick should be the only way he gets damage...and this will often be from a whiff punish. If he had to fight you on the ground he would lose.

Also make sure you stuff all his wakeups with standing 1. It is soooooo much sex