What's new

I need help against Mileena

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I really do. Like I said in the Tear thread. She is one of the characters that no matter what I find difficult and horrific to fight. No matter what the match ups say or who I am playing as.

I just freeze up. I feel too afraid to advance on her. If I try to I get d4'd. If I try jumping I get pink kicked into a combo. Plus her wake ups are amazing. And those annoying mix ups. I know they can't do it 100% but its just the fear! I feel I can't take risks against her at all!

I know I can beat her, but I just don't know how to get in! I just panic every time and just sit there, taking chip damage.

Also, is there a REALLY tough match for her? I want to master whoever it is.

redeyes

Button Masher
Kung lao is annoying for her. spin stops d4 you can spin an U4 on reaction >.>

anyway her wake ups are good. but if you block then its normally a full combo punish. and most mileena's ( i know im gulity >.<) are wake up happy. so just try to bait out the wake up most will use tele kick. and punish. also block low 99% of the time vs her. you can see u4 a mile away so just fuzzy guard to high.

AIBOSTON

Don't be mad!
Kung lao is annoying for her. spin stops d4 you can spin an U4 on reaction >.>

anyway her wake ups are good. but if you block then its normally a full combo punish. and most mileena's ( i know im gulity >.<) are wake up happy. so just try to bait out the wake up most will use tele kick. and punish. also block low 99% of the time vs her. you can see u4 a mile away so just fuzzy guard to high.
I expect people to "fuzzy" guard u4 and I always throw them. It give me the advantage. The next time I do it, I'll just hold Down then wait one sec and up 4. They always jump or continue to block low then I get my easy 34% combo. Thanks to the other Mileena players antics I can do almost anything using my "pause game".

You do still play Sub Zero right? He should be at advantage vs her now.

At any rate, in general, don't be afraid of her. It sounds like smartass advice, but it's true. I hate fighting Mileena myself, and I use her. But what I've learned is to not be afraid of her pressure.

Thing with Mileena is she's a character that punishes you hard for making mistakes. D4 is annoying, but it's not going to win a match for her. (Especially against Sub Zero, dear lord.) Block it and wait for her to commit to something. Telekicks can't be timed on reaction to crossups, it's done as a bold prediction, since D4 gets people to jump out more than most of her strings.

Also, if you're using Sub Zero, you're one of the few characters in the game that can make Mileena play your game instead of vice versa. It's going to be a lame zoning battle of attrition most of the time, but remember, you have a D4 of your own. Use it to set up clones and/or 212 pressure. Read the sais after putting up a clone... EX Slide gives you a free mindgame afterwards that Mileena has to defend.

Mileena's worst matchups, probably Raiden, Sub Zero (post patch), MAYBE Kung Lao. With the nerfs he got, it may not be as bad anymore, even though KL is still good.

AIBOSTON

Don't be mad!
You do still play Sub Zero right? He should be at advantage vs her now.

At any rate, in general, don't be afraid of her. It sounds like smartass advice, but it's true. I hate fighting Mileena myself, and I use her. But what I've learned is to not be afraid of her pressure.

Thing with Mileena is she's a character that punishes you hard for making mistakes. D4 is annoying, but it's not going to win a match for her. (Especially against Sub Zero, dear lord.) Block it and wait for her to commit to something. Telekicks can't be timed on reaction to crossups, it's done as a bold prediction, since D4 gets people to jump out more than most of her strings.

Also, if you're using Sub Zero, you're one of the few characters in the game that can make Mileena play your game instead of vice versa. It's going to be a lame zoning battle of attrition most of the time, but remember, you have a D4 of your own. Use it to set up clones and/or 212 pressure. Read the sais after putting up a clone... EX Slide gives you a free mindgame afterwards that Mileena has to defend.

Mileena's worst matchups, probably Raiden, Sub Zero (post patch), MAYBE Kung Lao. With the nerfs he got, it may not be as bad anymore, even though KL is still good.

I'd have to play you online to understand this. Mileena has way to many options to use. I take the majority of any series I have played using only her. I have recently developed a new play style for that frame trapper Cage.

Death

Noob
I dont think Raiden is too bad. I think KL is her worst and Cage. Espically online. Scrubs love their cage online. Those frame traps are like infinites.

I'd have to play you online to understand this. Mileena has way to many options to use. I take the majority of any series I have played using only her. I have recently developed a new play style for that frame trapper Cage.
Sure, add me on PSN and I'll be glad to go for some games. haven't been on in awhile, but I'll probably be on later today.

also block low 99% of the time vs her. you can see u4 a mile away so just fuzzy guard to high.
Having U4 blocked is actually one of the best things for you. It's big advantage on block so she can keep pressuring. It's so good, it's almost unnecessary to use B3 to mix up at all, imo.

If you get them to block U4, just D3/D4 or 4,2 to keep the pressure. (some people do 4~telekick afterward which is better on hit then 4,2... but less safe.)

I totally forgot about Kenshi. Kenshi is a bad matchup for Mileena as well.