What's new

Question I need an honest opinion

Is shazam good or bad? So many people are telling me different things and I just cannot form my own opinion. In many fighting games I have played in the past.. I have found that the character often holds back my potential. For example, I liked sheeva in MK9 but sheeva is regarded as pretty trashy at least in my experience and from what people told me.

Even in fighters like super smash brothers characters have held me back. I played donkey kong in n64 super smash and in melee and in both games he was pretty janky compared to others.

What is the verdict on shazam? Is he good? or does he hold good players back?

chores

bad at things
best part about donkey kong was picking smoeone up and falling off the stage trading your high% life for their fresh life #realtalk

Truth is, no-one knows because he hasn't been played in a tournament by a high level player yet. Good players think he has a lot of potential. Some players new to FG are already crying for buffs. If you like playing him, play him.

If you ever start placing top 8 in genuine tournaments, then you will be good enough to make up your own mind.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I just cannot form my own opinion
This is the part that is not good. If you are ever going to reach your potential, you cannot let others think for you. Top players have been right in the past and many have been wrong as well. YOU play shazam online and keep at it, and if he feels natural to you, use him. If it's too much move on

RYX

BIG PUSHER
best part about donkey kong was picking smoeone up and falling off the stage trading your high% life for their fresh life #realtalk
Legit MLG tech

HeavyRisk413 He's as good as you can make him yourself. It's not so much a matter of picking the best character but more picking the best character to you. Finding who clicks with how you want to play is key to being successful. Sure, it's good to have a high-tier character as a secondary but I think you should main who you consider your best/favorite character. That's how you'll improve.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I don't main him at all, but I've seen some folks use the hell out of him and they seem to get a lot out of him.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Legit MLG tech

HeavyRisk413 He's as good as you can make him yourself. It's not so much a matter of picking the best character but more picking the best character to you. Finding who clicks with how you want to play is key to being successful. Sure, it's good to have a high-tier character as a secondary but I think you should main who you consider your best/favorite character. That's how you'll improve.
Sorry for a double post!!

This is sound advice, I though originally HQ would be my main, but she just didn't click, but CW and KF fit me better. If spend the time learning good ol' BIlly you never know what you could do with him.

Find a character that fits your playstyle and you have fun playing with.

Do you plan on playing in tournaments? If you do then maybe you have to worry about which character is top tier, but online you can win with anyone really as long as you put the time into your character.

Also the fact that Shazam isn't as popular as Batman, Supes, or DS can work in your favor... like if they don't know about the guaranteed grabs off of untechable knockdowns.

I fought a Shazam online the other day and he put up a great fight. His command grab seems to come out fairly quickly, so defensive players might get caught off guard by it. He also has some corner combos from the looks of it, so if you want a more mobile grappler he might be the perfect fit for you.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I fought a Shazam online the other day and he put up a great fight. His command grab seems to come out fairly quickly, so defensive players might get caught off guard by it. He also has some corner combos from the looks of it, so if you want a more mobile grappler he might be the perfect fit for you.
I heard Shazam is a monster in the corner. Like Bane is, except getting them there is hard as hell